Panda II Max UDP Message Size

I am hitting a hard limit of 1,472 bytes for any UDP receive messages on my Fez Panda II.
If I try to send a 1,473 byte UDP message to the Panda, nothing happens. No exception is generated in the C# debugger.

Is this a hardware limitation? I have a 2,048 static byte receive buffer allocated ok in RAM to store the UDP message, but I can’t fill it.

Any suggestions??

Panda do not have a built in TCP/IP stack, but uses wiznet chipset. Not sure what limitation the chipset has, beside 4 sockets max, but if you need a real network connection then you can use one of the boards with built in TCP/IP.

Note that the wiznet chip is accessed over SPI so you can actually access the chip directly and program it anyway you see fit to your needs.

Welcome to the community.

I am actually currently using the WIZnet 5100 via SPI.

I use the “ReceiveFrom” method from GHIElectronics.NETMF.Net.Sockets.Socket to fill my byte buffer.
But the MCU silently fails to receive more than 1,472 bytes from a single UDP message as I mentioned before.

1472 seems to be a magic number. F.e. c++ - What is the optimal size of a UDP packet for maximum throughput? - Stack Overflow and search for 1472

From Wikipedia:

It’s actually a limit of:
65,535 bytes (8 byte header + 65,527 bytes of data)

I would be satisfied with 2kb payload limit though, if it’s possible…

Is anyone familiar with setting the “Don’t Fragment” UDP flag on the PC end?

I could try doing that on the PC UDP transmitter end, but “Don’t Fragment” isn’t part of the standard SocketFlags enumeration.
Just something I saw mentioned @ WouterH 's page link.