Panda II board largely unresponsive

I unpacked my new Panda 2 today, run the LED test sample app, no worries, popped the Ethernet connectivity shield on, modded the app to ping that LED, all good. Plugged the Piezo E-Block into Di5 and tried to get it to play a tune. Nothing. Unplugged it, removed the code, can’t deploy my app any more.
Visual Studio gets to:
The debugging target is not in an initialised state: rebooting
Then something along the lines of The target rebooted successfully, then nothing. Doesn’t run. Just flips back to the editor. Code pasted below along with the commented out Piezo speaker bits. The panda 2 board has LED 04 lit permanently, and the shied has power and LED Di8 lit permanently too.

bool ledState = false;
bool ShieldLEDState = true;

OutputPort led = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)FEZ_Pin.Digital.LED, ledState);
        OutputPort ShieldLED = new OutputPort((Cpu.Pin)FEZ_Pin.Digital.Di8, ShieldLEDState);
        //FEZ_Components.Piezo NoiseMaker = new FEZ_Components.Piezo(FEZ_Pin.PWM.Di5);

while (true)
        {
            // Sleep for 500 milliseconds
            Thread.Sleep(500);
            //NoiseMaker.Play(4000, 150);
            // toggle LED state
            ledState = !ledState;
            led.Write(ledState);

ShieldLEDState = !ShieldLEDState;
            ShieldLED.Write(ShieldLEDState);
        }

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Have you updated your firmware?

When you post or reply to this forum, you see the image below :slight_smile:

I haven’t, but (maybe stupidly) assumed that because I had it up and running without an issue, that it’s something I’ve done rather than a firmware issue.
I’ll give it a go!

(additionally, apologies for not going through the forum do’s and don’t, just want the thing up and running!!!)

Dan

Okay, you can all point and laugh at the idiot who didn’t read the big red “Before you submit” section. :-[

Extreme thanks Gus, that’s got me bang on track again!

Dan

We all do this very common mistake Dan. I am glad you got it to work.