OutputCompare Questions

Hello,

I’ve been playing around with the OutputCompare classes, and having lots of fun with them.

Questions:
There seems to be a limit to the number of array elements that can be used by the OutputCompare. Is there a reason for this?

Although it doesn’t make much sense, if you provide a 2 element array with both values set to zero, you still get a signal. Is this expected?

Finally, is the source code available for the OutputCompare? If so, where? I tried looking around a little, but wasn’t entirely sure if it was publicly available, etc.

Thanks,
Paul

[quote]There seems to be a limit to the number of array elements that can be used by the OutputCompare. Is there a reason for this?
[/quote]
what limit are you referring to? It is only limited by memory. You can have a very HUGE array of timings.

[quote]Although it doesn’t make much sense, if you provide a 2 element array with both values set to zero, you still get a signal. Is this expected?
[/quote]
Yes. It tries to toggle signal after “0” time which means toggle asap I think…

Code is not available. It will only complicate things much more.

Well, after some experimenting, I think I found out where my problem was with the limitations I mentioned.

We had been playing around with varying the size of the array, and I’m guessing that when we increased the size of the array, we increased the number everywhere except the constructor for the object (since that code was WAY up off the screen). So, stupid mistake on my part.

But I appreciate the other information.

Thanks,
Paul