I’ve tried several different “projects” and snippets to get the time using NPT client code.
In every case, the request times out and fails.
My first and current attempt is directly using “Driver — FEZ CONNECT DRIVER” by jasdev from the Code section. No changes to the code initially.
- I updated the libraries and firmware to the latest (SDK V 1.0.19) This is a new panda II
with new fez connect
- rest of “fez connect driver” work great (setting, init, dhcp)
- I am printing the IP address of the NPT servers before I connect, so DNS is working
- I tried a dozen NPT servers:
pool.ntp.org, 0.north-america.pool.npt.org, time.nist.gov, time.windows.com, …
- I can grab the time from hppt (tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/timer.pl) -
(Plan B is parsing that output)
- I’d be embarrassed if it were a router issue. I have standard settings and my windows machine
has no problem syncing to those servers. (and I work for Cisco, so I would be embarrassed)
It is probably something simple, but I can’t figure this one out.