Not FEZ Quark and Beagduino?

Intel Quark SOC based Arduino board => Galileo

“Follow all the action on twitter right now, live from Maker Faire Rome. Intel® Galileo – Intel® Galileo is the first in a line of Arduino-compatible development boards based on Intel architecture.”

From Intel’s presser:

[quote]Of course, the Galileo board is also SW compatible with the Arduino SW Development Environment, which makes usability and introduction a snap.

In addition to Arduino HW and SW compatibility, the Galileo board has several PC industry standard I/O ports and features to expand native usage and capabilities beyond the Arduino shield ecosystem. A full sized mini-PCI Express slot, 100Mb Ethernet port, Micro-SD slot, RS-232 serial port, USB Host port, USB Client port, and 8MByte NOR flash come standard on the board.[/quote]

• 400MHz 32-bit Intel® Pentium instruction set architecture (ISA)-compatible processor
o 16 KByte L1 cache
o 512 KBytes of on-die embedded SRAM
o Simple to program: Single thread, single core, constant speed

From AnandTech:
256MB of DRAM. Galileo also features an 8MB SPI Flash for firmware/bootloader/sketch storage

TI A335x + AVR board => TRE (I guess it comes after Uno & Due)

A board that was developed with Arduino.cc & BeagleBone.org – runs at 1GHz.

"The Arduino TRE is two Arduinos in one: the Sitara-processor-based Linux Arduino plus a full AVR-based Arduino, while leveraging the simplicity of the Arduino software experience. The integration of the AVR Arduino enables the Arduino TRE to use the existing shield ecosystem "

3 Likes

Will start selling in November:

AnandTech on Galileo:

[quote]The board features a 10/100 Ethernet, mini-PCIe slot (PCIe gen 2), USB 2 host controller, USB client connector, JTAG header and 256MB of DRAM. Galileo also features an 8MB SPI Flash for firmware/bootloader/sketch storage. MicroSD card support is optional. Galileo measures 4.2 inches long by 2.8 inches wide.

The other big feature of Galileo is that it is compatible with Arduino software and shields, making it a great target for students and educators in the maker scene.[/quote]

Exciting!

Very interesting … Wonder what the retail costs will be on the board.

Am I correct in thinking that this architecturally is more akin to a PC than a FEZ/Arduino?

Looks like much of the I/O happens outside the chip and the SoC is in the role of a CPU.

One of the forum posters said of the Galileo “It said to be around $50” - take with a grain of salt.

That would be (assuming accurate) crazy good price, imo. Given that a 32-bit 84-MHz Due costs about the same - albeit with quite a bit more I/O pins.

Is up for preorder on Mouser:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Intel/GALILEO/?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduiDmTPuRVOJoC4FOrrIL%252b1yTKtPT4H7gObokptm8E4G%2FQ%3D%3D

I don’t see the price :frowning:

@ Jay Jay - that is NOK. Google xxx NOK to USD

Here it is in USD

Can anyone confirm that this board would work with the 2 Medusa shields, and be a pretty powerful setup?

OK, whose up for converting this to .NETMF then?

1 Like