No section called "mbed"

Hi,

I ordered a Retro Game Console and looked to the documentation.
Now I want to give you a tiny hint to a point, which could confuse people.

On the page http://www.outrageouscircuits.com/mbed
you find this text:

There is no mbed forum, nor an mbed section. I suppose this one (Outrageous Circuits) is the related one. So the description could be more precise.

Additionally the text “mbed forum” contains a link to https://www.ghielectronics.com
But the URL is just pointing to the GHI start page. Better would be a link directly to the related forum section.

OK, now I continue my first steps with the nice hardware.

2 Likes

@ Beauty - Good tip.

Welcome to the community!

Aha! We completely forgot about this! The website was done before the forum was done and we were suppose to hyperlink few things. We will take care of this on Monday.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Today I tried to make my first practical steps.
On yesterday I couldn’t, because I noticed, that I have no MicroUSB cable.

I followed the (small) documentation, read descriptions on mbed.org and registrated there.

My current problem:
When I try to select a drive / platform for the online-IDE, there is no Retro Game Console as option to choose. For Outrageous Circuits there is only the mBuino Platform offered.
https://developer.mbed.org/platforms

By the way:
I saw that your Official_RETRO project has a repository, but nowhere I found a notice, which source control system is used. As I made a blind try with TortoiseHG (Mercurial) and pasted the URL of the project page, I could clone it.

It would be useful, when you write to the page description, that the code can be cloned by Mercurial and the browsers URL.

@ Beauty - The RETRO is based on the mBuino so you will want to use that as your platform. I believe the repository actually uses git. We will continue to work on improving the documentation however.

You’re in the mbed forum now ;D

It would be nice if you could supply a set of header files that #defined the IO pins for the buttons / LEDs etc… for each of the mbuino derived boards.

Most of these would probably be empty (or only contain undefines some of the LEDs that the base mbuino defines) but for something like the retro it would be a little longer so that the pins for controls, display etc… had more user friendly names.

2 Likes

I supposed to be. Nethertheless I wanted to tell it to your, to avoid confusion of other new users.

By this important knowledge I could run my first RetroGC application.
(Your Pong game with an added “Welcome to Hell” string.)

You should add this note to the documentation.

[quote=“Beauty”]

I supposed to be. Nethertheless I wanted to tell it to your, to avoid confusion of other new users.[/quote]

I believe that was Josh’s clever way of saying that he’s created the new forum. Look up and you’ll see the forum name is now called “mbed” :smiley:

I believe, you’re wrong in this case.
Mercurial cloned the repository. Just try it. :wink:

[quote=“ianlee74”]I believe that was Josh’s clever way of saying that he’s created the new forum.[/quote]A totally clever boy. 8)

Thank you, thank you :clap: