No EntryPoint when debugging Gadgeteer Project on Hydra

I have searched and not found if somebody else have the same issue with FEZ Hydra.

When I create a new project based on Gadgeteer template and I try to debug it on the device I have an error message telling me that the “system.http” assembly is required by the webclient assembly. Basically, the Gadgeteer template already include these assembly references.

If I remove these two assembly from the project, I have another bug. The assembly “Gadgeteer” seems to have “No entrypoint”. The code doesn’t run at all.

I’m running on Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Pro and the GHI SDK from 6th january 2012.

Did you also upgrade your firmware with the latest version?

We are apdating the firmware with the new Ethernet module and will be testing networking while we do that.

I ask about the firmware because I experienced this a long time ago after we first started testing Hydra. It was a problem with SDK, firmware, or template. Not sure now but it seems you’ve covered everything except firmware.

I think my firmware is OK. I’m not sure the way to check that.

Go to MFDeploy and check the Target -> Device Capabilities

Do I have the most recent Firmware ?

Pinging… TinyCLR
HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.1.2821.0
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rig
HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 255
HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 0
HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 65535
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.1.2821.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rig
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.1.2821.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.1.2821.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Microsoft Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rig
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Dec 6 2011
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410561
FloatingPoint: True
SourceLevelDebugging: True
ThreadCreateEx: True
LCD.Width: 320
LCD.Height: 240
LCD.BitsPerPixel: 16
AppDomains: True
ExceptionFilters: True
IncrementalDeployment: True
SoftReboot: True
Profiling: False
ProfilingAllocations: False
ProfilingCalls: False
IsUnknown: False

I don’t see the SDK version in there. Is that the full dump? Sorry, I could tell you exactly what I’m looking for but I don’t have my Hydra with me at the moment…

Image count for a thousand word…

This is after removing the two assemblies (Check at top right)

And with the blank Gadgeteer project…

Did you go through these steps to update your firmware?

What modules do you have attached in the GUI designer?

I did the steps with an sd card, but nothing happened. I let the card plugged one minute and i removed the card, reset the main board and windows never prompt me for a com port.

I’ve never tried the SD card method. You might try the other method. I’ve never had any problems with it if you follow the instructions EXACTLY.

I do not have button module. Can I use something else?

All the button is doing is grounding pin #3. So, if you can do that with a wire or something then that should work. If you have an Extender module, that will be a lot easier.

I will try it as soon as possible. To answer your question ianlee, i’m testing with Just the Hydra board in the GUI designer.

And, to be sure to understand, it is possible that GHI send me a board without the good firmware?

It’s almost guaranteed they didn’t ship you your Hydra with the latest firmware since the latest was only released a few weeks ago and your board was probably produced months ago. See #1 in the “Before you submit, please read the following:” when posting a new thread… :wink:

I don’t know why, but anything run well for me. Maybe because i’m on a french canadian system… Or maybe it is because I don’t know how to do anything on these wonderful little board :(.

The firmware update jam and I never see notepad open with the "“Script Completed Please Reset the Device”. if I manually open the file “logfile.log” in “C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSH NETMF v4.1 SDK\FEZ Hydra\Firmware\FEZ Hydra TinyBooter Updater” the last few line of text is

-I- Writing: 0x18C0 bytes at 0x14A00 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- 0x18C0 bytes written by applet
-I- Writing: 0xB1C bytes at 0x162C0 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- 0xB1C bytes written by applet
-I- Temp file : C:/Users/Jasmin Blouin/.sam-ba.testCompareFile
-I- Compare File : FEZ_HYDRA_TINYBOOTER.bin with memory at address : 0x8400 , for 59868 byte(s)
-I- Read File C:/Users/Jasmin Blouin/.sam-ba.testCompareFile at address 0x8400
GENERIC::ReceiveFile C:/Users/Jasmin Blouin/.sam-ba.testCompareFile : 0xE9DC bytes from address 0x8400
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0x8400 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0x9CC0 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0xB580 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0xCE40 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0xE700 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0xFFC0 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0x11880 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0x13140 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0x18C0 bytes at 0x14A00 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)
-I- Reading: 0xB1C bytes at 0x162C0 (buffer addr : 0x302CD8)

What I do wrong this time ?

In french the notepad is callled “Bloc-note” Is that the problem?

For info the log file is 34,8 Ko (35 687 octets)

How long did you let the firmware updater run? It looks like it got killed prematurely. It normally takes 3+ minutes to complete loading the firmware. Try again and just let it sit there for at least 10 min before giving up.

More than two hours.