New STM32 chip with larger memories

Yeah, that is not TFT display but it is :slight_smile:

A real TFT has no internal ram and uses virtual and horizontal scan signals. Those require a special controller, the RGB sockets on gadgeteer.

Yeah, itā€™s some sort of wierdā€¦ somethingā€¦

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was looking into these new STM32F429/439 chips. Theyā€™re just what the doctor ordered, IMO:

[ul]The STM32F429/439 lines run at up to 180 MHz and deliver zero-wait performance from Flash reaching 225 DMIPS/606 Coremark.
Graphics: The new TFT LCD controller interface with dual-layer support takes advantage of STs Chrom-ART graphics accelerator performing content creation twice as fast as the core alone. In addition to raw data copy, additional functionalities are supported by the Chrom-ART Accelerator such as image format conversion or image blending (image mixing with some transparency).
Audio: dedicated audio PLL, 2 full duplex IĀ²S and a new serial audio interface (SAI) supporting time division multiplex (TDM) mode.
More interfaces now available with up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 42 Mbit/s, 3x IĀ²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO.[/ul]

Plus the expanded memory, 2048KB flash (double Cerb*) and 256KB RAM (up from 192KB on Cerb*), and the support for external DRAM in addition to external SRAM.

Sounds like a great upgrade for the Cerb family!

@ godefroi - I agree with your sentiment, just what the doctor ordered!

Who says we get our friend @ Justin to build a board and we do a community NETMF port for the board?

1 Like

I have asked Mouser for an ETA and hopefully will get an answer back soonā€¦

Maybe we could start with the SMT32F427 as itā€™s in production now 168mhz but with 2048KB flash and 256KB RAM

Iā€™d be willing to try my hand, but the parts arenā€™t available yet, it seems. Iā€™m also waiting for the F0 series to show up in TSSOP :slight_smile:

Looks like it will be the 427 first as i have just had this back from Mouser

Hello Justin,

Thank you for your enquiry. We have been advised by the manufacturer that because these parts have not been released yet they do not currently have an expected lead-time for us. Apologies that we could not get the information you require, as soon as we receive a lead-time from the manufacturer it will be added to our website next to the price and specifications.

Kind Regards

Laura-Jane
Customer Service