New Hydra Kit + TE35

ok I wont update.
However every attempt from yesterday with mf deploy have the same result. device shows I’ll in the drop down. ping gives no response which would be a verified “it does not respond”

point being that at MFDeploy point, it must go through a driver. If you don’t install software it won’t get a driver (besides generic COM driver in BL mode) so we’ve stopped it getting into a weird state. If we take it in small steps we also have more chance of figuring out why it’s going off course.

Hi everybody,
We’ve solved it - I will go into detail about it later and tick the +1 options etc later - at the moment i thought i would just give a quick heads up to the status and a thanks for all of the posts.
Yesterday morning at work, we had pretty much given up on the board, however I decidd that since the board was either toast, or just needed a good kick that we would use Bretts mfdeploy suggestion again.
However it failed as it couldn’t ever get into tinyloader via pin jumping.
From NXTwoThou’s posts who had similar issues, we jumped it over and over again. After around 5 minutes of repeating this successively, it finally worked - from then on we could jump the pins in socket 3 (pins 8 and 10) each time and it would load as a com port.
Then we had the other problem. On any machine that had physical com and lpt ports, the device would not be detected within the batch file (I forgot the name, I will psot it later).
However with the assortment of machines on of the samsung new series 9 worked a treat. It picked up the com port, loaded the firmware, and to check we then used the hydra updater to reload the firmware, and it worked well.
After that retrying on any other machine, and it wasn’t detected again - going back to any samsung new series 9 worked a treat.
So not the best dev machine, but the board was working fine aftert manually installing firmware via a usb client gadgeteer board using only the usb client as power (clientSP).

Then, for other problems we found that using WPF would make the TE35 (using the TE35 class, not the T35 class - although we tested both to make sure) unresponsive with its touch. However looking at this forum and responses from Gus in another thread showed that this is currently a bug when using hydra and te35, so we weren’t to bothered as it was behaving as expected. We were also disapointed that the TE35 flickered (again as another thread here mentioned). The joystick was only returning between 0.45 and 0.55 and never triggering push button.
At the end though due to setup issues and the TE35 problems with the hydra, we ordered in a spider kit yesterday afternoon, and if that runs smoother out of the box, then we’ll just order more of them. Hopefully that will get rid of any WPF touch screen issues and screen flickering.
The hydra is now functioning as a nice shiny digital clock with our company background and logo, sitting in a nice black frame. :slight_smile:
Thankyou everybody for your responses - as I said I’ll go through and give you exp where I see its relevent and, if possible split the “answer” between two posts.

Glad it finally worked. Keep in mind that WPF is slow and we recommend simple graphics or glide instead.

How do you get touch responses when just using simple graphics then?