New FEZ Config tool to replace MFDeploy

I tried to update my Hydra’s firmware but when I was asked to press the reset button and wait for the onboard LED to blink three times, it blinked only once so I could not go any further (the “next” button remained grayed).

Now, when I plug the board via USB, the onboard LED don’t turn on (only the power LED does) and the board does not respond.

Did I brick my Hydra?

If yes, is there any way to unbrick it?
I tried the trick with pin 8 and 10 of socket 3 but it did not help.
I read a lot of information and now I’m a bit confused.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes you’re right, sorry.

EDIT: problem solved! Thanks to GHI for the comprehensive documentation.

btw it would be great if you guys could include all the current Display profiles in the FezConfig tool as a drop down list… right now i’d have to fetch the docs to get the correct setting for each display… unless i’m missing something!!!

thanks.

1 Like

As you expected, it has been added

2 Likes

added.

It will work if there are more than 2 devices connected.

some of them have been removed because “you don’t like” :)))

Hello, where is it possible to download this tool, now? all links that I find seems to be dead… I use the NETMF SDK 4.2 (RTM QFE2) , and this tool is not included, as far I can see…

the latest version of FEZ Config is bundled with the latest GHI NETMF and Gadgeteer SDK

see: ghielectronics.com>Support>NETMF

Removing all traces of the FEZ Config tool is very aggravating to those of us still using a previous SDK for our products. I’m not updating all my products just so I can get the tool. Please provide a separate download.

@ Jeff : Thank you.
@ mmmtang : I agree.

When I follow the link I can’t see the FEZ Config tool!

The FEZConfg tool is currently only included in the SDK.
There is no separate installer anymore.
You have to install the SDK at least once.
Then you can copy the FEZConfig directory to any computer you like, and browse for the firmware files when you want to update a device.

Do you mean with SDK the “Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.3 (QFE1)”?
This I have downloaded and installed. Now I have the folder Microsoft .NET Micro Framework with v3.0 to v4.3 but there is only the MFDeploy.exe to find.

No, I meant the GHI SDK, which you need anyway if you want to develop for GHI boards:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/support/netmf/sdk/24/netmf-and-gadgeteer-package-2014-r5

Hello Reinhard,
meanwhile I found it. I thought it is only for Gadgeteer.