NETMF Interrupts question

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum but have been experimenting with .NETMF on the FEZ Panda II for a few months now. I love the fact that I can use my .NET coding knowledge on a micro controller based platform!

Anyway, I have a few questions regarding interrupts. I’ve tried searching for an hour and can’t find too much on this topic with NETMF.

1. What happens after the interrupt code finishes running? eg. The interrupt causes the event handler to run the method of your choice, that happens to of triggered in the middle of a method executing in your main thread? Does the main thread code resume automatically as per normal after the interrupt code finishes?

2. Take the above example a step further: What happens when a method is running (due to an interrupt triggering) and then another interrupt triggers? Does the 2nd interrupt execute code after the first interrupt finishes or does the second interrupt interrupt the first interrupt to run it’s code? Does the first interrupt finish running it’s code if after the second interrupt finished? (if interrupts aren’t sequential)

Hope that someone understands my whacky question!

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

Hi.

You’ll find more in our post here: tinyclr.it

3 Likes