NETMF class for arduino users, an idea

I don’t really know the Arduino platform, I have not used it yet, but maybe writting a Arduino library (digitalRead/digtalWrite etc.) that can be used with RLP might be useful for porting Arduino code and still have .NETMF’s capabilities.

@ taylorza - perhaps something which translates, or at least, helps to translate some of the bazillons of avalaible arduino libraries into RLP(Lite) modules ? As far as I know, arduino libraries doesn’t carry anything special, they are cpp files like any native code, they are just a a little sugared to play nicely in the frontend which handles the whole toolchain for the user.

One serious obstacle to this is that RLP “Lite” doesn’t handle tasks/threads, which means any “arduino code” and netmf threaded code would be mutually exclusive, which defeats a lot of the needed interoperability between both. At least for OSWH boards, RLP-Lite only enabled, of course.

I think a more productive approach is to enable “arduino-like” programmation in something like the DL40, keeping I2C and DaisyLink protocol in check. I think, that using arduino front-end directly in an DL40 would be immensely cool, and would be a taste of the real arduino/netmf interoperability, too.

@ fradav - I like the idea with the DL40, I need to get an Arduino to get a feel for the scope of what it covers.