Netmf 4.3 Usb host problem with Cerbuinobee

@ Alex111 - We hope to have it in the next SDK. We do not currently have a firm release date for that SDK however.

I am planning a commercial project and I was told that I can use the cerb platform for evaluation.
Unfortunately after some tests I found a few “showstoppers”:

1. USB Host does not work as expected (this thread…)
  2. I cannot get EWR to work. I need a solution to save data between power off/on
  3. The IPAddress property in the NetworkAddressChanged event is wrong. I think I could work around this with some hacks…

There are much other things I have planned to test before I decide to choose this platform for the next projects. But I fear to find more of this issues.

Also is there a timeline for commercial customers to get (unofficial) fixes?

I will try G120 (Cobre II) as alternative, but I fear to get similar results…

@ Alex111 - Both issue 1 and 3 are scheduled to be fixed for the next SDK, as far as we can reproduce them.

EWR is not meant to be a reliable store of data between power cycles. You will want to store such critical data on an SD card.

OK - Hope next release will be out soon…

Regarding EWR: What is the usage of this, if it is not persisting data to flash???

SDCard seems to be much oversized to store 10 bytes of config data???

@ Alex111 - It is meant to store data that you can recreate if needed – where losses are to be expected, even if rarely.

I really only need a few bytes. Isn’t it possible to save those bytes with direct register access to the internal flash?

And what about the “Register” class??? Any possible options to use it to access the internal flash???

EDIT: Just found this https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/557

Seems to work, i.e. don’t trust every answer :slight_smile: