NETMF 4.3 for all GHI Electronics' device is available today

The GHI 4.3 is not open source. The PK currently has a port for the F1 devices. Oberon / CSA may contribute a 4.3 open source port some time in the future.

However it should be possible to use the 4.2 ports from GHI or Oberon to build your own 4.3 firmware.

HTH.

For PPP testers, maybe we can do this direct one in one. Will let you know.

I think I will redraw from this PPP test, other people clearly have more equipment and more skills in the area. Happy debugging guys, I am crossing my fingers REALLY hard!
:clap:

Thank you for explanation. What i was expecting in PK, is the codebase for F4 devices.

So, the Cerb family will have the Premium Features like USBHost?

Of course

:open_mouth: 8) :smiley: :dance: :clap:

I amen excited too but remember there is no timing on this yet. There are things of higher priority, like PPP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why was the SPI_SD option removed from the G400D?

I thought the whole idea of the G400D was as a drop in replacement for the ChipworkX modules?

Right now, up until this latest release everything except PPP was working on my ChipworkX based board using the G400D but now I find that the SD using SPI is no longer supported.

Is there a valid reason this was removed?

I have a number of boards in stock that if I switch to the latest version I can no longer use the SD card. I only use this to store configuration data so I don’t need any speedy access but I do need it. I don’t want to scrap these boards and redesign with the proper SD as this will cost me.

If there is going to be no support going forward, I need to somehow be able to use the previous release and it seems that it’s not possible to have both installed at the same time.

With 4.3 we are only keeping what is absolutely necessary.

What became of Cerb things like:

GHI.Hardware.FEZCerb.Pin.PB1

I can’t find a library to reference this.

Well I worked around that problem by downloading the OSHW code and riping the class into my project.

Now I’m getting the error:
Error 2 Cannot deploy the base assembly ‘mscorlib’, or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:Gadgeteer twice. Assembly ‘mscorlib’ on the device has version 4.3.1.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.3.0.0

All the assemblies say 4.3.0.0; Did I install something wrong?

I got the package from here: [url]https://www.ghielectronics.com/download/sdk/11/netmf-and-gadgeteer-package-2014-r1[/url]

EDIT The package I installed is: [url]https://www.ghielectronics.com/download/sdk/16/netmf-and-gadgeteer-package-2014-r2-beta-3[/url]

@ Mr. John Smith -

Why did you install 2014-r1. If you did that after you’ve installed 4.3 beta, you should un-install all things GHI. And install 2014 R2 Beta-3

regards pin definition they are found in https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/297/transitioning-from-4.2-to-4.3 (pins for all processors are moved into assembly “GHI.Pins”). The 4.3 documentation for the namespace GHI.Pins is in https://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/man/Library_Documentation_v4.3/

(Edited to fix link to transition document)

@ Jeff, Wow I actually linked to the wrong file there but that was my problem; uninstalled everything and installed only the Beta3.

Now I’m getting complaints about the type ‘Gadgeteer.Mainboard’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘Gadgeteer, Version=2.43.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.

@ Mr. John Smith - I’m going[em] out on a limb[/em] here as I’ve only briefly looked at your post. But, I’m guessing you’re using the same “solution” that you were using when you had the SDK mix-up; the referenced assemblies are stale because of caching. If true, you need to remove the assemblies and add them back. Depending on the size of your solution, it can be quicker to just start a new 4.3 project, design as usual, then copy-n-paste your old code into the new program.cs

@ Jeff, I’ve wiped out the Debug and Release folders, remove and restored the references and still nada. The Library GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerbuinoBee requires a type “Gadgeteer.Mainboard” which used to be in the library Gadgeteer.dll which is longer with us.

@ Mr. John Smith - please try compiling a new solution that has same hardware design, but don’t add any code to program.cs

@ Jeff, yes that deploys.

using System.Threading;
namespace FezCerbTest {
    public class Program {
        public static void Main() {   
            // Sleep forever
            Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);
        }
    }
}

Referencing only System and Microsoft.SPOT.Native

I meant a gadgeteer program with same module set-up in the designer; leaving program.cs and the references as generated. Be sure to target 4.3 in the project properties.

Regardless of the above, i’ve re-read your posts; regards your statement “gadgeteer.dll … no longer with us…”; does that mean that C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer\Core\Assemblies.NET Micro Framework 4.3\Gadgeteer.dll is not there? If it isn’t download and run the installer:

https://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/NETMF/SDK/GadgeteerCore.msi

@ Jeff, It compiles and deploys. The Gadgeteer lib wasn’t showing up in the references list, so adding it directly from the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer\Core\Assemblies.NET Micro Framework 4.3 worked.

EDIT: I installed the package and it still doesn’t show up in the references list. I’m using VS2012