.Net Micro Framework : SPI, the high speed serial bus!

Nice article by none other then our own @ ppatierno

9 Likes

@ Duke Nukem - thanks for sharing the link. I am software person getting involved more and more in the hardware world and articles like these are extremely helpful to those like me. SPI is one of those things I needed a deeper understanding and this article helped me a lot.

@ Zan - You might want to have a look at the source code for GHI Modules so you can see some code examples of the different interfaces https://bitbucket.org/ghi_elect/gadgeteer/src/fc89fbdbe76e0023a48ff76eaf5310473620819c/Modules/GHIElectronics/?at=master

Nothing like jumping in and writing a module driver like I’ve been doing with the SPI / I2C drivers for the AS3935 Lightning Detection chip as it has been very educational as like yourself I consider myself a software dude, but lately I’m starting to get a bit of a hardware groove going (I’m going to need a better soldering iron soon).

@ Duke Nukem - thanks for the info, I will definitely look at the code details. I can make more of it looking at the software, so that will help me a lot.

I have been tinkering with hardware in the last year and a half and made some progress, writing simple drivers for interrupt based modules and some serial ones too.

Oh, yes I did realize after a year with the simple soldering iron that good soldering iron is a must, so I did get mine, a Hakko FX-951, that works great, and heats up in seconds.