.Net MF 4.1 FEZ Hydra, RS232 Module. Serial data EventHandler issue

Hi, New to this .Net Micro Framework stuff.

I have code that works when I run it through Visual Studio debugging with the Hydra, it just does stuff based the data that is sent to the RS232 module. The issue is that when I deploy the code to the device it no longer does anything when I send data through the RS232 module.

Is there something that needs to be done so the EventHandler s can work when its not run in Visual Studio debugging?

Its just some normal code.

// This method is run when the mainboard is powered up or reset.   
      void ProgramStarted()
      {

rS232.Initialize(9600);
         rS232.serialPort.DataReceived +=
             new GT.Interfaces.Serial.DataReceivedEventHandler(serialPort_DataReceived);
         rS232.serialPort.LineReceived +=
            new GT.Interfaces.Serial.LineReceivedEventHandler(serialPort_LineReceived);

}

Any reason on why not using 4.2?

Welcome to the community.

I’m currently borrowing it from someone. Would it work with 4.2?

And thanks.

Yes. We actually do not support 4.1 any longer.

Didn’t see that anywhere before now. Gus is there anyway you guys can keep an old firmware available for downloads? My project on the Cobra 1 can only work on 4.1 since driver for the WiFi I use was removed in 4.2. I’d hate to think I’d lose the ability to run my project if anything happened to my local copy of the past good 4.1.

Old sdks are always available. But we can’t provide help for older sdks. Those are only for pre existing products that need them, not fir any new development.

Ideally, a comercial user should lock their product to a specific SDK that they keep a copy of locally.

That’s perfect; thanks

When I installed 4.2 I missed uninstalling the Seeed programs and that caused some issues with the libraries and toolbox. once that was done everything was good.