.NET Gadgeteer Core 2.44.1100

http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/releases/view/618433

MAJOR CHANGES

• NETMF 4.4 support
  • VS 2015 support [CodePlex #2805] (Express editions no longer supported to align with NETMF)

MINOR CHANGES

• 4.3 WebServer responder bugfix [CodePlex #1861]
  • 4.3 Display module not using available width bugfix [CodePlex #2663]
  • 4.3 Inaccurate I2C exception message [CodePlex #2665]
  • Designer now supports multiple sockets with the same TypeLabel [CodePlex #2686]
  • Application template wizard remembers last used NETMF version per board
  • Builder templates failed to build when FullManufacturerName was outside codepage
  • Builder templates use full mainboard/module name in product names
  • Builder templates generate projects for selected NETMF versions only
  • New hardware template wizard
8 Likes

Sweet - i see it took the Poms at MSRC to release it rather than the mothership.

Cant wait for @ Bec a Fuel and @ godefroi to sing it’s praises :clap:

Surely, the almighty @ Gary can get everything upgraded for a Monday release? @ Gary, add that to your list! :wink:

GHI sdk release supporting vs2015 countdown…

10…9…8…7…

3 Likes

6 ⅞…6 ⅝…6 ⅜…

3 Likes

A very, very good news !!!

Don’t forget the compiler patch!

@ mcalsyn - you got it :wink:

2 Likes

Gadgeteer is alive and doing very well thank you, and has future plans that are nothing short of kick butt excellent. I was a very happy guy coming home last week from Redmond.

Cool, I need to reinstall everything on my new Surface Book ( :slight_smile: ) so I shall wait.

1 Like

(Jealous)

1 Like

? ? ? :think:

@ Gus … we want it next week ! :slight_smile:

@ ppatierno - I want it last week but the team has one last bug to fix. It maybe possible for next week. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

So looking forward to this!!!

Gadgeteer’s praises? Uh, it’s, uh, great for those who need yet more abstraction than NETMF provides, and those for whom a visual designer is a prerequisite. And those for whom soldering is scary.

Me, I like soldering, I like code, and I dislike abstraction. I am definitely NOT in Gadgeteer’s target market. I do like that it’s finally out, though, since it, to some extent, drives GHI’s SDK releases.

1 Like

No idea what Bill was on about, but yes, MSR had to help with the VS2015 support. There were some complications. I really appreciate them doing the legwork here.

Pete

3 Likes

Hi, is there any other place to download it?, Codeplex download section is not working. Thanks

@mcalsyn are you able to move everything to GitHub?

Yes, we will be posting the full source on github shortly. And “shortly” means the next 2-3 weeks because I am required to do a ‘sanitizing’ sweep of the code (correcting copyright notices, etc) and because this is not core to my day job at Microsoft, so I need to do it in my off time. My best guess is 2-3 weeks from now I will be able to announce that the repo is open.

2 Likes