.Net 4.2 not supported?

So finally got my toys (the Spider kit and Cerbuino). i’m playing with the Spider and so far so good…very easy to put together and start working with. there was a minor hiccup that took me a few minutes to figure out…it wasn’t allowing me to drag add a camera to the board using the designer; it appears the project for some reason was created and referenced the Fez Cerebus and not spider (the image looked like the spider). changing the board on the UI solved that.

After compiling and deploying, i get this:

[quote]
Cannot deploy the base assembly ‘mscorlib’, or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:Gadgeteer twice. Assembly ‘mscorlib’ on the device has version 4.1.2821.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.2.0.0 [/quote]

I’m guessing the board currently only supports 4.1. Can it be flashed/updated to support 4.2?

Anyway, i tried compiling w/ target 4.1 and that worked better…except after attempting to deploy, i think it s failling…at the end of it i see “Waiting for debug commands…”

Looking the debug out i see to possible issues:

[quote]Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Error: a3000000[/quote]

any thoughts on what these refer to?

hmm, after doing a clean then build, i see four related errors

Error 26 Could not copy the file “…\bin\Debug\LE\GHI.Premium.USBHost.pe” because it was not found. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.NET Micro Framework\v4.1\Device.targets 402 5 GadgeteerApp1

Where can i find GHI.Premium.USBHost.pe? what library might that be in? added GHI.Premium.USBHost, but that did not resolve the issue

The compiler is trying to tell you the firmware is at 4.1 while you’re coding in 4.2. Basically, you need to update your firmware.

You need to update your device firmware to 4.2. The SDK installers points this out when you installed the software.

thanks…it looks i should follow instructions for EMX: Home - GHI Electronics

Get the downloads from here. You want installation step 3.

http://www.ghielectronics.com/support/dotnet-micro-framework

I had installed all that before the hardware actually arrived. the only thing that i did not do was update the board to 4.2. Done and working!
i’m sure i’ll have plenty more questions as i start playing w/ this…
Thanks