Need help with i2c on GH120 TH Module

@ EvoMotors - Glad to hear you have it working now.

Good luck with your project!

That doesn’t make sense. The G120TH has no pullups on it and as far as I can see, the Adafruit board doesn’t either. It’s designed to daisy chain so they let you do this off board. Where did you install your pullups? To 3.3V?

I2C does not work without pullups as the bus is open collector. There would be NO high level without them. Are you sure you don’t have any other I2C devices on SDA and SCL?

@ Dave McLaughlin - I know it’s not suppose to work without pull-ups, it doesn’t make sense for me ether.

When it wasn’t working I played with connections. At first I was trying pull-ups to 5v, but then I switch power for the board and pull-ups to 3.3v and it didn’t work ether.

The pull-ups are 4.7k

Should I try to connect pull-ups to 3.3v and power board from 5v?

Power the board (VCC) with the same 3.3V as the G120TH and use 5V for the servos. Pullups go to 3.3V

@ Dave McLaughlin - I did tried to connect the board (VCC) and pull-ups to the same 3.3V as G120HT. I’m not using the 5V connection for the servos yet, just hooking up my scope to verify the PWM signal.

Do you think I should change the value of the pull-ups? So far I have tried using 4.7k

Thanks!

Okay guys, it was all my fault. I never trust the labels on the resistors again. I decided to measure the pull-ups and they was 4.7 ohm instead of 4.7k. I just tried with the correct resistors and it’s all good!

Thanks for the help. But I will need it again.