Need help in setting up a build environment for the NETMF sources

After downloading the NETMF source several times and messing up the build scripts , I could need a hint or a current how-to on the right steps to take, the required additional frameworks and apps that need to be installed (Like Win CE for example). Unable to find any kind of information, except for the outdated documentation.

@ AWSOMEDEVSIGNER - here is a link to a entry that I did when I first built a custom firmware for the Hydra. Others and I have used this to start custom stm32 build as well, so it should be a reasonable starting point. Keep in mind this was for 4.2

https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/130/building-your-own-customized-firmware-for-fez-hydra

1 Like

@ taylorza - Thank you Taylor. I will try that as well. I hope that we get a more detailed documentation from the NETMF guys soon. Currently trying to get some MVP’s to tell me all the secrets about it :slight_smile:

Hmm, nice, I didn’t even know there were obsolete documents. Also why is this obsolete?? “DevelopersGuide_G120 Module”, I think its more succinct then the user manual.

Did not know either. Wonder where to get an index of obsolete documents.

Go to Support/Documents
Click on “include obsolete documents” next to the huge “Documents” headline :smiley:

@ GHI - wouldn’t it be nice to tag the dcuments by “4.2”, “4.3” and may be other tags like “G120”, “G400” and allow filtering by tags. Each document should be allowed to have multiple Tags, which should be displayed right next to it in the index.
Not every document tzaht was written for “4.2” is automatically obsolete.

1 Like

@ Reinhard Ostermeier - Thanks Reinhard :slight_smile:

@ Reinhard Ostermeier - Documentation is still something we are working on, including versioning and better tagging.

3 Likes

A few minutes ago I successfully compiled NETMF 4.3 using the CodePlex code. Will try vNext now and blog about it.

3 Likes

@ AWSOMEDEVSIGNER - Cool 8) looking forward to the things to come …

1 Like

@ PiWi - I am really excited about this :slight_smile: Tried it for a few weeks now.

UPDATE: Debugging into the NETMF 4.3 RTM code using VS2013 :smiley: