Need help getting started with FEZ Hat

Hi all,

I just received my FEZ Hat. Consider me a real newbi to Rpi and FEZ Hat. I have set up my Rpi 3 with win10 IoT. Now would like to get started with FEZ Hat. I have seen the FEZ Hat Developers Guide. But is there a document event more basic than that which can help me get started with connecting the Hat to Raspberry board, loading any required driver, plugs in for Visual Studio, etc.?

Thanks!

Googling “windows 10 iot fez hat” returned this:

Does this help?

Thank yuo very much Mike and cyberh0me for your suggestions. Ironically, I have followed up some of these same sites and have got the basic FEZHAT demo and some other workshop/hands-on labs set up, but still when I get stuck on problems, I realize I’m missing some basic understanding of the the FEZHAT interfaces for sensors in order to be able to debug the problems.

Here is the one problem that keeps coming back and perhaps someone on this forum can help resolve:

I have set up a variation of the same lab that Mike reocmmended (connecting FEZHAT sensors to Azure with realtime analytics and PowerBI charts). But almost randomely (at least seems to be random!), the app fails with the following unhandled exception:

Exception thrown: ‘System.IO.FileNotFoundException’ in mscorlib.ni.dll
WinRT information: Slave address was not acknowledged.

To simplfy my environment, I tried to stick to the demo app provided in the GHI FEZHAT dev guide and that is when I thought maybe I should better understand how the sensor interfaces work before spending much time on debugging a more complex app with Azure analytics and so on. So seems that regardless of the app, I keep getting this problem. The simple app is the following:

The simple app which sometime works and sometimes raises above exception is this one:

https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/329/fez-hat-developers-guide

Perhaps something in my VS environment or certain state of my Rpi3 or FEZ HAT hardware triggers the exception?

I have tracked few reportings of the same bug, such as this one:
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=19678

As fas as I know, the explanation in above thread (references to TempSI70) does not apply to the simple app I’m testing.

Is there any other explanation for this problem?

Thanks!