Need help (Fez SPIDER)

Hi Gus,

First of all thank you for your reply.

I don’t know if the mainboard had multiple problem or the root cause of this behaviors. By sure I’m available to collect the information to help to understand the root cause of this problem and to have a solution.

I can start to collect the information detailed on step 1,2, and 3 of your last post.

Next, if the problem still appear as “unknown”, by sure, I’m available to organize a conf-call or live meeting to show directly to you my desktop and mainboard trought webcam. I think this can help to speed-up the resolution.

Wait next post to read the result of step 1,2 and 3.

Have nice evening and again thank you for your Support.

Francesco

Could this problem be related to the one resolved on thread http://tinyclr.com/forum/1/6832/#/2/msg66604

Hi all.

In attach to this post a word document with picture and step by step Tinybooter and firmware reload.

Francesco

You can only attach images

try to download from the following link:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/119668575/Step-GHI#

I have to register to download! Please post the images here

I think there should be more messages at this step:

Hi Gus,

the.docx file are available without registration. Try to open the link.

Please I have to build a Project and I choice the Gadgeteer from GHI and many other module…

Please try to help me!!

Francesco

I too think that there should be more checks as the CLR files get loaded… Until all the files are loaded you won’t get it booting properly, so please re-try the deployments.

Francesco

I think you don’t give it enough time to update the firmware.

I suggest that you use FEZ Spider updater,after you erase the memory manually through tera term.

Hi Joe and all,

I have erased the mainboard via TeraTerm (Success), then used FezUpdater to upload the firmware but the result was the same. “GHI” on the first line of display.

In attach the print screen of FezUpdater output… nothing bad …

Note: After the upload of Tinybooter the mainboard restarted correctly in Tynibooter mode and FezUpdater upload the firmware. At end of firmaware update (with success) FeZUpdater reboot the mainboard and it AGAIN show GHI instead of boot EMX. As described in previous post in this situation the mainboard is not recognized by PC. unusable.

After firmware upload I wait 3 hours with mainboard powered but nothing change always GHI on the first line of display.

If you have other suggestion I’m ready to try.

Francesco

No reply from GHI Eng. ?

We will need step you though it one by one but please follow the exact steps.

1. use teraterm and erase the device
  2. when done copy paste here what you are seeing
  3. Use X command and load tinybooter, exactly how it is described here GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software
  4. When you are done, put config jumpers back to the off position and tell us what you see when you plug in the USB cable. and what you get when you ping from MFDeploy.

Print Screen 1 - Terterm (Erase success)

Print Screen 2 - Upload Tinybooter (Success)

SWITCH : 1,2,3,4 OFF -> RESET -> Mainboard boot in Tynimode (version 4.1.6.0)

Ping from MFDeploy.

Next ?

So all looks perfect so far. Now go back to the wiki page and do the next step of selecting the firmware files and click deploy.

When done, click ping.

Post here what you see please

Good Morning all,

Ok Firwaree selcted as show the picture: