Need a good fool-proof wire stripper?

http://www.howtogeek.com/104486/diy-electronic-wire-stripper-gives-visual-feedback/

Just have a good supply of band-aids handy, just in case. :slight_smile:

Wow clever, but a bit of over engineering for a simple problem. The ā€˜idealā€™ way to strip a wire is to almost cut through the insulation and then pull the insulation off. This prevents nicking the wire and tearing the last bit of insulation provides a natural strain relief for the wire; instead of the sharp edge of the cut insulation you wind up with a bit of taper where it was pulled.

Yea, what Jeff saidā€¦ Plus, itā€™s not going to work very well with multi-strand cable such as CAT5. If you hit the wire in that case then youā€™ve already messed up :wink:

Jeezā€¦I think you guys are over-thinking this. Itā€™s a clever way of integrating electronics with a common tool that most hardware hackers need. Geeky innovation, not necessarily something that is a perfect implementation. :slight_smile:

Ok. +1 for being clever.

However, I would call it an ā€œoops! Iā€™ve gone too farā€ detector rather than a ā€œah! thatā€™s the sweet spotā€ detector. :wink:

Shouldnā€™t we add a FEZ Mini to better drive the led ?
May be with an AnalogInput we would be able to find if the wire is too far into the blades (very low resitance)
And we could ring a buzzer

;D ;D

There is a hole between the bottoms of my two top front teeth that is 22 AWGā€¦

@ Barbudor

Now THATā€™S the kind of can-do thinking I like to see! :slight_smile:

@ Mike - LOL! I could feel the taste of copper in my mouth when I read that. Uggg!

Found Mikeā€™ photo ;D ;D ;D

:smiley: Looks more like 10 AWG.

@ Architect

Now THATā€™S funny. I donā€™t care who you are, thatā€™s some funny stuff right there! :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t mean to offend Mike, btw. No hard feelings, please ;D

Valen:

Sorry, but I canā€™t find anything in what you posted that would offend me. ;D

Offend? Heck, I would be honored to be compared to Jaws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_henchmen_in_The_Spy_Who_Loved_Me