My Gameo attempt

Very cool. Yes the game needs 2 audio formats. One is MIDI-like for background music and something wav-like for effects.

Wow! That is awesome!

you are working on a nice project there!
Very good! ;D

It only has 1 cog left which isn’t enough for another full AY processor and loop. I decided to try just adding another AY processor that shares the same serial stream and loop because that only needs 1 more cog. The FEZ manages 2 file streams and interleaves the buffers without any trouble because there’s probably at least 80ms between buffer calls.

Holly fez!! I love it!

Is it all running over one SPI now? I still think UART is better for FEZ because of how NETMF is designed :slight_smile:

For example, if you are sending 100 bytes of audio using UART then those 100 bytes are buffered internally then they are sent one by one (non blocking) but in SPI, your FEZ will stop till all 100 bytes are sent (blocking).

Now, for little commands, SPI maybe easier to use but UART does better fro streams.

Right now it uses SPI and UART together. SPI is used for all graphics control and a couple audio commands to start/stop the audio buffer listening. The UART sends nothing but audio frames 128bytes at a time which covers 2 audio processors for 4 cycles.

The SPI is faster but blocking is probably what was causing the audio to slow with a lot of screen activity when I set it at higher rates.

Very well done for sure

Wow it seems that I missed a lot of fun stuff. Very nice work 8)