Multiple modules without a chain?

Greetings,

I’m going over the various socket types and their pin layouts. I realize I have some devices that mix-match with the same sockets.

For example, I have a fez spider and socket 8 is a P, U and Y. In this specific case I’d like to use the UART serial (Socket U) from pins 3->6 for my GPS module, and then use pin 7, 8 and 9 for the PWM channels since they do not overlap on pins.

Is this remotely possible? My GPS module would basically use pins 1, 2, 3,4,5,6,10 and my servo module would use 7, 8, 9 (doesn’t need power, but might need to tap into ground)

Would this work for you?

http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/273

I’m not concerned with how to wire it. I’m asking it’s possible to use the socket as a U type socket, with a GPS module attached, and then use pins 7, 8 and 9 individually for their pwm. Is this even possible (with or without an extender module?)

Gotcha - can’t help you there.

It is possible but it requires a bit of understanding of what signals the modules uses…and it looks like you do understand it. We do not provide support fro this scenario though.

Excellent! That is what I figured based on a few examples directly using single pins rather than a whole socket layout.

Good to know! Thanks!