Multicolorled turns Blue instead of Green

Hi there,

Was playing a little with my multicolor led.
To my surprise, when I call

multicolorLed.TurnGreen();

the led turns Blue instead of Green
Also, TurnBlue(); makes the led turn Green instead of Blue
TurnRed(); works fine.

Is this a bug?

TIA Jos

Some of them have that problem. There is a property in the driver that you need to set t true which will “fix” it.

You are not the only one:
http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=4275&page=1

you need to invoke the swap blue green pins function, as below where led need to be the name of the multicolored led you have in the designer

// swap led green blue commands68.            
led.GreenBlueSwapped = true;

I guess you mean the GreenBlueSwapped property? Didn’t expect such features here!
Is there a way to know whether or not this property has to be set?

Yep that is the property I was talking about.

if you get blue instead of green use the function, i think many of us posted about this in the past i know i needed to ask :slight_smile:

@ JdV - Try to search the forum using that property name as a search string.

@ Architect - Thanks for pointing me at the GreenBlueSwapped property. I understand how to use it.
I already searched the forum and found more posts on it.

Do all multicolorleds have this problem or some?
What is causing this behaviour?
How to tell if the property has to be set, without looking at the colors I mean?

@ JdV - nice feature, eh? Rather than toss out a bunch of modules with the (edit: module firmware) glitch, the problem was accounted for in the gadgeteer driver. Keeps new folks on their toes :slight_smile: I’m not sure if GHI has revised the module firmware and/or made a new batch yet. Details may be on the wiki.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a way. Hopefully we will see some day a firmware update for that module. It has its own micro and that should be fix in its firmware.

Ok, guys, thanks a lot for your info.

Updating the software on these chips is pain and this is why we switched to a different processor. The problem is not in releasing firmware but in how would you load the firmware on the chip. Basically, we will have a new replacement module in future that uses the same micro used on all daisy link modules, which is part of the open daisy link project found on wiki.