Main Site Documentation

Mscorlib version

Hello-

I have the Fez 1.0 board and I am having trouble making it through the Gadgeteer hello world example. I am trying to use the .NET micro framework 4.3, but I get the following error when it attempts to deploy:

Error 2 Cannot deploy the base assembly ‘mscorlib’, or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:Gadgeteer twice. Assembly ‘mscorlib’ on the device has version 4.1.2821.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.3.0.0

I found a few links in the forum to updating the firmware, but they were outdated. Is this the course of action I need to take? Can you point me towards and up to date tutorial on flashing the proper version of mscorlib to the device?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Welcome to the forum!

You need to update firmware on your Spider. The latest is 4.2. Then you will be able to use netmf 4.2, but not 4.3. 4.3 is coming

Thanks for the speedy response. I get a similar error when trying to deploy with 4.2:

Error 2 Cannot deploy the base assembly ‘mscorlib’, or any of his satellite assemblies, to device - USB:Gadgeteer twice. Assembly ‘mscorlib’ on the device has version 4.1.2821.0, while the program is trying to deploy version 4.2.0.0

Any ideas?

-Ryan

Update firmware.

Thanks Architect. I found a tutorial that recommended I use the firmware updater in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Firmware Update

It is empty on my install. Is this the right path?
http://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/54/firmware-update-emx

Sorry, I am a total novice and really appreciate the help.

-Ryan

We are moving them out, they are found here https://www.ghielectronics.com/support/.net-micro-framework “legacy loaders”

I just received my Spider kit. When trying to deploy a Hello World on the device, I get a similar message as the original poster of this thread, except it said I can’t deploy 4.3.0.0 to 4.2.0.0.

I used the download page you link to and it says for VS 2012, I should use .NET Micro Framework 4.3.0.0 RTM, which is what I am using. What do I need to do here? Fall back to 4.2.0.0?

In your project settings set target framework to 4.2. Make sure firmware on the device is updated to the one that comes with the latest SDK as well.

Welcome to the community!

Thanks… I just realized that. I came back to post the solution when I found that you had responded.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile: