even without any board yet, I can’t stay apart from FEZ :-[
With the Panda and all its IO’s, I thought it could be useful (at least it will be for me ) to have a “complete” motors shield.
My goal was to have 2 DC motors and 2 steppers on a single board, with minimum pins taken from the Arduino set of pins. But I also wanted that at least the DC motors to be controlled by a Domino.
So, the steppers are controlled via the Panda specific pins while the DC are controlled by the Arduino standard set of pins.
I’m using the well-known L293D for the DC motors and a DRV8821 from Texas Instruments for the steppers. This chip can drive two bi-polar steppers with individual sets of parameters (step size, decay mode, enabled, and so on…)
On the board presented here, I still have some work to do :
- maybe change the Power jack package
- maybe add some leds to show various activities
- move the DC motors connectors
- add labels for components
- add a jumper that will enable serial debug output and/or LCD output
- if I have room, add one or two temperature sensors chips (maybe I will have to change the layout, though :’( )
About the work done, I’ve hard really hard time to figure out how to create a thermal pad on the TI chip in Eagle :wall:
Now, the hardest part is to come : soldering this DRV8821. It’s so small :o 48-pin HTSSOP package ! I don’t have any hot air station…
If it can be of any interest for you, I will answer any question about this board.