Mobile Screen Resolutions

Why are Laptop computers still mainly stuck on coming with 1366 x 768 screens when tablets have much higher resolutions?

My Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 for instance has 2560 x 1600 resolution.

When I have found a laptop with a decent resolution which is usually FULL HD (1920x1080), the price is huge.

With all the toolbars in dev software, 1366 x 768 just does not cut it anymore and you end up with a wee tiny window to write your code in :frowning:

I use 2 FULL HD monitors at home on the desktop and that resolution is good for development use.

Tell me about it.

About 8 years ago I got a Dell with a 1920x1200 display. When I looked at replacing it I couldn’t find a single one.

@ Dave, you gave yourself the answer already !! :wink:

Also, depends on your budget, you can get a Dell Precision M3800 that has QHD+ 3200 x 1800 resolution. I guessing it will not be long before others in the range will offer that resolution or better.

I had one of these before I moved to my job at Samsung. It was an awesome machine. It was an i7, 16GB ram 256 Gig SSD and 500GB spinner with an Nvidia Keppler GPU and Intel GFX chip running win 8.1. Fastest machine i ever had. I miss it terribly.

I bet you miss it! I have had 3 Dell Precision laptops and are due a replacement soon. I really like my M6500 even though it weights a ton.

I can see a use for it, but it sounds like a nightmare to carry, and I wouldn’t want it sitting on my lap…

Thanks for the heads up on the M6800 but as I said, huge price. That model here is $3500-$4000.

:frowning: