This is just to show how the electric imp device can be used as wifi relay for sending sensor data to the cloud. I am currently using Xively, but planning to find somewhere else.
- Justins mountain plate (small) https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/creations/entry/6
- GHI Cerberus mainboard, with battery holder power-supply
- Temp sensor from DFRobot, and GHI light-sensor
- Hughb’s Gimp module https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/creations/entry/15[/ul]
Setup explained at http://youtu.be/JOCrC3tD2S0
Primary purpose of setup was:
- Prove to the kids that the light in fridge turns off when the door is closed.
- Prove to the wifey that it takes at least 15 minutes for the temperature to get back to normal when the door has been open.[/ol]
Enjoy. Questions and ideas are welcome