Mini Robot Kit connected to a PC via COM1

The Mini robot kit can connect to a PC with a “Serial to USB E-Block” connected to pins AN2 and AN3, which is used by the “COM4 Remapping” function.
This connection pins are needed for the robot sensors, this is why I want to use COM1, standard connector which is mounted on the robot.
For connection to the COM1 connector I made ​​connecting cord to connect to the “Serial-to-USB E-Block.” I can not make a good connection via COM1.
Has anyone any experience with and would like a hint how I can get this to work?

You know this is RS232 right, so you only need to wire, TX RX GND.

That’s me know, I use the three wires.
Of the “Serial to USB E-Block” RX connector IN and GND and the TX OUT connector and GND. Both GND to pin 4 of the RJ11 connector to the IN and TxD (pin 2 of the RJ11) and OUT RxD (pin 1 of the RJ11). But the RX and TX signals are reversed, I also tried. With a scoop gives the TX signal no changes were observed.

This is TTL not RS232, you know this?

I am not exactly sure what you have but like I said, you need 3 wires from COM1 on mini to DB9 connector that plugs into your PC.

@ Gus, you’re right the “Serial to USB E-Block” is not necessary. It will now work properly with only one cable with a JR11 and DB09 connector.
Thanks.

The connection of the FEZ MINI with a computer program works but there is a side effect. Sent messages of FEZ MINI will also come back to the receiver pin. Possibly this reflects the adaptation of the simple RS232 MINI FEZ. I now have an adjustment in the comporthandler own messages which are marked and ignored upon reception. Also, the half duplex connection is used.
Is my conclusion correct or did the echo another cause?

if you send and then recieve then usually that signifies that you have manually tied the TX and RX pins together. You have talked a lot about custom wiring, personally I would first suspect that and check you don’t have anything wired that does that, and then check using a terminal program at the remote end just to make sure you don’t have something at the PC end communicating back.