Mimicking the Rear View Camera with CAN

Today we’d like to highlight Jeff’s efforts to show a two-node CAN system. Knowing very little about CAN, he mimicked a rear view camera to prove it can be done. We love seeing projects that set out to prove things.

For the full blog post, please visit: https://jeffvan1018.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/it-can-be-done/

11 Likes

Neat project.

Wonder if the image manipulation could be done in RLP, and what the difference in FPS would be then?

Very interesting suggestion. I’ve never explored RLP. Time for some additional experiments. (Maybe I’ll be able to use the camera at its full resolution!)

Thanks

Cool!

Take a look at the Crayon Syntax Highlighter for Wordpress. It’s very good.

I saw your post about making CAN work.

I am currently working on a project where I want to simulate ALL the module CAN messages in a vehicle. while using the CAN to detect system problems, clear DTCs and essentially be the controller node for all the network.

I thought it would be simple to use the G400D, (Found it last week), I Never used this gageteer stuff before, but have used C# for a long time.
I have code that should work. It runs without error, but no data appears on the CAN and it does not see the messages I am inserting from a known good source. I am monitoring with other CAN tools that I know work. A scope shows that there is nothing coming out of the G400 yet there are no faults or error messages. All the voltages seem fine.

what am I missing?

Thanks.