Microsoft Band $199 at Microsoft US

Might have to see if I can get one next week.

2 Likes

And the link to the device on the Microsoft site

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us

NOTE this device is cross compatible which makes it hugely unique.

Wonder if it has any Gadgeteer sockets on it :slight_smile:

Did @ Gary design this? I see no way you can comfortably rotate this screen to read it the right way up.

1 Like

Are you on Gary’s list already?

You will be now.

LOL :clap:

1 Like

… shoot … can only be bought in the states … for now … they have to optimize their global presence a bit … the ms store here couldn’t even tell me when, if at all, it will be coming to mainland europe … :’( :’(

@ hagster - @ Dave McLaughlin, yep he’s made it to the official list! :whistle:

1 Like

Underside of the wrist, not on top, so should be plenty readable, assuming they’re using a good sunlight-readable screen.

@ PiWi - Buy something from our website, I will go to the MS store and then ship it to you! :think:

Gangster style!

1 Like

For me, don’t like the orientation and I don’t like the price for a fitness device.

Also, don’t like the fact it’s not waterproof (even if only for 33 feet).

Otherwise I do like it, not as much as a Radius mind you :wink:

Image from: Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health: The $199 all-platform fitness band | Ars Technica

I’ll wait for Justin’s version of the Band. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Depends on which list your on :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

One upon a time there was a watch called Agent !

I can’t help but think these “watches” are a solution looking for a problem. If you can’t be bothered (as I can’t) to go out and exercise, I doubt that a $200 wristband will change that.

Maybe I’m wrong.

I can’t found any official information online but …

It’s based on a ARM Cortex-M4 MCU so the only well known Microsoft OS/platform used could be .Net Micro Framework. The Cortex-M4 hasn’t the MMU so it can’t support RTOS like Windows Embedded Compact … and of course Windows 8 (even if version for “IoT”) :slight_smile:

Any information about that ?

Paolo.

@ andre.m

Of course when I said “not support RTOS like Windows CE…” I spoke only about Windows CE not “lightweight” RTOS like FreeRTOS, RTX Keil, MQX Freescale, TinyOS, Contiki, RIOT and so on.

I didn’t think the possibility that Microsoft used a non Microsoft OS/Platform to make this product but of course it’s possible. :slight_smile:

However Agent Smartwatch (from Secret Labs) uses .Net Micro Framework …

I saw a post that C was used. Our runtime is straight ANSI C. No comment on anything else mentioned:) | Hacker News

1 Like

@ Brett

I can’t find any reference to Microsoft Band …

@ ppatierno - click 'parent’s a few times. It is about the band.