Making decisions is not easy!

I meant something the plugs into the multiple rows of IO and pulls them out to a larger format for easier use. I would buy one with or with out. It would help those that would like to plug in a shield and use the extra I/o that would be under said normal shield.

I think we need to step away for a second and evaluate the taregt market.

OK, who is going to buy this product? Well…

• Someone who wants a cheap and easy gateway into the NETMF world
  • Someone who wants a cheap board to use in a very simple project

Either way, neither of those involve enthusiastic work. I think pretty much whatever GHI comes up with will work for the people who will be buying this board. No need for fancy arrangements of headers, just something to accomplish the task at hand in a clean and functional way.

The way I see it, we are building a Honda here. It’s meant to be cheap and robust. If someone wants a Ferrari, they would buy a Cobra :wink:

You are right, Chris ;D
Ok. So… Uuuh. Let’s see I think we should forget the arduino mega board then. It adds extra (twice) costs tot he board. We should stick around the arduino price (maybe $5-$10 more) to pull people over to FEZ and forget arduino forever :smiley:

Why don’t you just drop the massive amount of IO and leave enough so that you reach a balance between having many IOs and having a normal pcb size.

It has both already Toshko. n the plan he showed. Normal arduino size with much more IO.

Why not just teach people how to do SMT soldering :o

… and if that doesn’t work, I think that cheaper is better for the target market and that you should expose all the IOs. Since this is a prototyping set having it expose it’s entire capability would be an asset. If this is for lower cost then having a few basic ios (like i2c and com) would be the asset.

My advice is to make it as cheap as possible.

If it’s truly a matter of $10 more for it to come with headers, I’d say don’t put the headers on and I can solder them myself!

Actually, for even $10 or so less, offer a kit version and don’t mount any of the parts! I’d probably buy one of those just to practice soldering…and then probably buy one with all of the parts soldered on after a ruin my kit! ;D

A kit with loose components would be cool indeed. I have always wanted to crank up my SMT soldering skills :slight_smile:

Getting the kit assembled might cost more than having the components soldered in at a fab.

Might be. It’s more fun though… :smiley:

à chacun son goût

Why not have a few options? IE, allow people to buy it with and without headers? I thought all developers made decisions like that??? :slight_smile:

My thing is that I want it super cheap. i can solder some, so that’s not a big deal. And I certainly don’t need all those inputs/outputs if it brings the cost down.

Nice one !

I’m going to have to chime in on the side of the ‘leave the headers off’ and/or ‘make the headers a $10.00 option’ crowd.

(I have headers coming out of my wazoo, I don’t have nearly as many ten-dollar-bills)

Shame about not having the USBHost…it’s a feature useful for alot of things, not the least of which random-crap-you-didn’t think of plugging in type making.

USB host is one thing that I did want to see make the board. Then again, the Netduino doesn’t have a USB host, and it seems to get along just fine!

We have 5 freakin’ awesome boards :slight_smile: Each FEZ has its own target design. User can select the one that will fit their needs best. You need host, then Domino…you need OEM then Rhino…you need SSL/WiFi/color-touch-display then Cobra…and so on :smiley:

[url]http://www.tinyclr.com/compare/[/url]

All you need now is just one ultra-fast board, even faster than the Cobra :smiley:

Yes, i want to play with Chipworx :smiley:

Or even faster, why not :wink:

:think: :whistle: