Make interfaz with Windows Desktop app and Fez Domino App Througth usb client port

Yes, the ebook tells you enough to get started :wink:

Ok, i found it:

USBC_CDC Method: Read()

public int Read(
byte[] buffer,
int offset,
int count
)

The header iā€™m using is Samtec low profile snap together, put in upside down (because the snap pins are too thin). Any old male 2.54mm (0.1") pin header would do though.

Jorge, there is code in my sample for receiving data - itā€™s how the led knows to toggle.

As far as a windows app, just search msdn for SerialPort and youā€™ll find examples there.

The program which i show is just TeraTerm - itā€™s a terminal client. It will display anything that is received, and send any keys that are pressed through the serial port.

Hello MarkH,

About the code for my desktop app, maybe can you tell me if exists some way to find which is exactly the name of the com port where is conected the fez domino?

I know when you install the driver the com port is configurated, but the port name will not be the same for every pc.

It will be random. You can enumerate through available com ports and offer the user a list if you wish, or in your pc program enumerate the list, ask the user to plugin their fez, then enumerate the list to look for a difference. The new com port is the fez.

Video is up on vimeo as wellā€¦ btw thanks Chris for putting the video in my earlier post!
[video=vimeo]15239659

One question about the mode jumper. Could I use a pulldown resistor (1kOhm) instead of the jumper?
Just to be shure that the board wonā€™t be killed when I accidently load a program that uses the onboard LED.

I hope i get those points after maker faire is done :frowning:

Lol you are the points hunter :smiley:

I put a heap of work into that just for Gus, I skipped out on working on one of my projects so I could do that video and figure out how to do that with just the discretes I had. Iā€™d prefer to get my points through contributions of code and projects than from making frivolous posts like some users seem to.

[quote]Iā€™d prefer to get my points through contributions of code and projects than from making frivolous posts like some users seem to.
[/quote]

post = 10 points

you += 800 :wink:

Where is the wiki page for this? Did I miss it? Sorry, I have 1000 emails and post to read :frowning:

It was a bit of a hack solution, i donā€™t have any latch ICā€™s so i canā€™t do it properly atm. Iā€™d prefer not to show users how to do things this way too much, considering how hack this is lol.

Thanks for the points Gus :slight_smile: Have fun with your emails!

Do you have a link to the tutorial on the wiki? I thought you were making both, video and wiki page?

I put it all in the video. I can put a writeup on the wiki later on. Iā€™ll have to order a latch IC next time iā€™m buying components in (thereā€™s a $10 minimum charge - iā€™ll be needing some MOSFETā€™s when i get the panda anyway) so i can show how to do it the right way. As i said, the video works but itā€™s pretty hack and i wouldnt recommend it for anything other than a ā€œlook what i can doā€ thing. A Latch IC will be the proper way, or you could use a Bistable Multivibratorā€¦ i didnt have the correct parts to build one from discretes (it would only half work as the PTH resistors i had were the wrong value)

Ok I trust you will take care of this in future please :slight_smile:

Added a very overpriced latch ic to my farnell order today :slight_smile: