Maestro (Composite USB Devices?)

I have a Pololu Servo controller board that I would like to connect as a USB client device. It apparently implements two serial devices, as well as a native USB device. This makes it a “composite” device, I’m told. Will I be able to use this board with my Domino and interface with is as a Serial device?

Pardon my ignorance, but I have basically no EE experience and am a little hesitant to experiment without at least some reason to anticipate success.

Link, picture, manual? We don not know what is “polou servo controller”. I Googled it but I do not want to guess what board you are referring to!

Sorry about that. This is the guy:

I think the nut of the question is if Domino will “like” the fact it implements multiple profiles? But then again, I have no idea what I’m talking about… :slight_smile:

Domino has no problems with composite devices. You can communicate with all of them.
You have to follow your device drivers and examples to know what commands to send…etc

I believe this would be a USB host device?

Excellent – I’ll see what I can get working. My goal here is to put together “USB Motors” (external power required) for teaching robotics programming. My theory is that writing code to drive serial ports is simpler for kids to learn; it’s certainly easier for me. Yes, this is the blind leading the blind, but it’s a load of fun.

Thanks for your help.