Looking for some graphical demo

Hello,
I have an EMX Development System and this is the first time when I am handling this system. Can anyone suggest me some link where I can download GHIGraphicalDemo so that I can understand the working of various components( like usb port, MicroSDCard, buzzer etc. ) in this system…

Thanx,

Sahammad

Hi Sahammad, welcome to the forums !

Here’s the link to the GHI graphical demo, but you should try Glide too for the graphics portions.

[url]GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software

The rest I’d suggest you look at the Wiki and the code repository for examples of to use those other peripherals - the menu bar above has links to both the Wiki and Code.

Good luck

Hi Brett,
thanx for your reply…
Now I got a new problem. Actually I have followed the following steps :

4.2. TinyBooter Update through GHI Boot Loader

At power up, a GHI boot loader takes over the processor and validates TinyBooter
stored in FLASH. If TinyBooter was found and was valid, execution is transferred to
TinyBooter.
First, it is better to start fresh before loading the new firmware:

1. First, install the latest GHI NETMF SDK (which includes the latest EMX firmware
    and Tinybooter binary files).
  2. Install TeraTerm software. We highly recommend you download and install from GHI
  3. Disconnect the development system from power and from PC then open TeraTerm.
  4. Select serial and click the arrow to drop down the list of COM ports. Note how many
    COM ports you have and write them down. On my system, I only have COM3.
    Rev.1.10 Page 20 of 28 www.ghielectronics.com
    GHI Electronics,LLC EMX Development System
    TinyBooter and Firmware Update
  5. Close TeraTerm for now.
  6. Connect back the development system.
  7. Press and Hold UP, Select and Down buttons the press and release Reset button.
  8. Release the three buttons.
  9. Windows will ask for a new driver. Driver file is GHI_BootLoader_Interface.inf
  10. After windows is done installing the new drivers, open TeraTerm and observe what
    COM ports are now available. You should have a new COM port. This new COM
    port (serial port) is actually a USB connection between windows and GHI Boot
    loader. Windows applications do not know that this is a USB connection and treat it
    just like if it was a serial port.
    10.Select the new COM port and clock OK. Now press the b button on the
    keyboard. You should see back BL for every time you press b. Now try to press V
    (upper case) to get back the loader version number. Note, your version number
    might be different! Also, this version is NOT related to GHI NETMF SDK or
    firmware.
  11. You are now successfully accessing the bootloader.
    12.Erase the flash memory using E command then press Y to confirm (this will take
    several seconds).
    Rev.1.10 Page 21 of 28 www.ghielectronics.com
    GHI Electronics,LLC EMX Development System
    TinyBooter and Firmware Update
    13.Loading new firmware is simple but it requires a terminal that supports XMODEM
    file transfer. XMODEM has many versions, GHI boot loader requires 1K transfers
    with 16Bit CRC error checking. Keep on using TeraTerm software.
    Transfer is initiated using the X command. After the X command is entered, the GHI
    boot loader will start sending back the C character continuously. This C is an
    indicator that tells XMODEM a device is waiting for data. Once you see the C
    character appearing on the terminal window, you can select XMODEM transfer and
    point the software to the firmware file "TinyBooter.GHI.

Now the trouble is I can not execute any program in the device. When I am selecting USB, the device “EMX_EMX” is not showing any more… plz help me out…

Thanx,
Sahammad

There is firmware updater in the SDK. Look under “ghi electronics” in you “start” menu.

Use EMX Updater and reflash unit.

Thanx a lot… Now it’s working…

Hello,
I tried the example “A Basic TCP Webserver” provided in the link :
http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=Webserver
But the problem is whenever I am trying to debug, it’s prompting an exception :“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll”.
Can anyone help me understand where the problem is…

Regards,
Sahammad