Looking for small low cost slew ring

It certainly works that way. I got them off AliExpress and they are identical to the ones being sold by Adafruit. The G80 is now on the list. I will use the dev kit I have to do some testing. I’ll be using 2 of them. One in the base to do the LED’s and one in the middle to handle the motor control. Not enough wires in the slip rings and worried that passing the SPI through it might not be a good idea if there is any interruptions to the signal during the rotation.

A G80 just to run a few LEDs might be a bit overkill. You could probably get by with just a G30 or even a $3 Arduino depending on what else you plan to do on that controller.

Probably true. I will run with the G80 for the motor control board anyway and and might run with an AVR for the LED control board.

Cool.

My design has won me a ReSpeaker mic dev board. That will work very nicely with this project.

9 Likes

CAD skillz for the win!

1 Like

@ Dave McLaughlin - hey dave. Just interested to see if you ever got this built? It was a very cool design.

I am waiting for the Seeed Studio Re-speaker so I can do the final design with that and then I will get the parts made. I have the gears, motors etc but need to do the final design on the plastics before committing to getting them made at Itead Studio.

Can’t wait to get it made myself.

1 Like