Long Distance cable

I need DL40 module 1,5 metre away from microcontroler. I use 2 breakout modules and connect them with utp cable. The application works, if i connect this 2 modules with 10cm cables. But if I use 1,5 metre utp cable the deployment failed.
Output window:

[quote]
Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at a0e856b0, end a0e9ce0c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2.0.0)
Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Resolving.

GC: 1msec 277428 bytes used, 7062240 bytes available

Type 0F (STRING ): 24 bytes

Type 15 (FREEBLOCK ): 7062240 bytes

Type 17 (ASSEMBLY ): 11112 bytes

Type 1E (BINARY_BLOB_HEAD ): 266220 bytes

Type 34 (APPDOMAIN_HEAD ): 72 bytes

GC: performing heap compaction…

The debugging target runtime is loading the application assemblies and starting execution.
Ready.

Cannot find any entrypoint!

Done.

Waiting for debug commands…

‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Native.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11.dll’, Symbols loaded.
‘Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug.dll’ (Managed): Loaded ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Assemblies\le\System.Security.dll’, Symbols loaded.
The program ‘[14] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).[/quote]

Does somebody knows what this mean?
Did somebody try something like this?

I have not tried this, but it is interesting that the deployment to the main board fails if the cabling to the module is extended, I could see the mainboard to module communication failing. Two questions that come to mind

1. If you deploy without the module connected and then power down the board, connect the module and power up, does the application work?
  2. Which socket are you using and which mainboard?

Actually, another question. How are you powering the board? Might be worth trying with external power as well.

For long distance communication you could use something like RS485.
There are a lot of small and cheap µC you can use on the other end instead of DL40. Every chip with a UART should do it.
By this you can build a bus with up to 500m and if I have it right in mind about 32 nodes.

I am using Cobra II, socket 6
taylorza: additional power adapter 12V, 1500mA maximum current.
taylorza: I try to deploy and then switch to long cable, but it is not working.

I must think what now.
I also though using cerb40 with dl40 and connecting Cobra and Cerb40 with uart.

Can I change the speed of I2c?