Loading an Assembly with an interface using AppDomain?

Hi Jay,

Your project sound very interesting, and very sophisticated.
Your way far ahead of me!

Im amazed that you are able to run your application on a Panda II.
The idea of using LinQ and having a database are great.
Did you write the LinQ and DB code yourself?

Im not sure what I can contribute at this point, but I would be interested in sharing ideas and code if you like.

I intend to publish my Insteon PLM driver to the Code site as soon as it is ready.
Im thinking of setting up a project on Codeplex, but my project is not yet ready for that.

Jim

Hi jasdev,
Thank you, the project is taking a very interesting turn indeed…

BTW it is running on PANDA not Panda II ;D but the project is not yet complete so most likely by the time i’m finished Panda won’t be enough…

the DB stuff i adapted from another project… still working on it I’m trying to find a way to actually allow the access to the DB from File one BLOCK at the time… if i succeed in that it would mean the ability to run huge DBs from a Panda. without affecting memory…it will be slow but at least it will be an option… I’m sure if I’ll succeed at that yet…

I’m sure you can help, i can use all the help i can get… if you are interested please let me know, i’ll add you to my list, and once i clean the code and have it ready for others i’ll get in touch with you. eventually the code will go to CodePlex…

BTW: the interface is working now and i got the EVENTS to bubble up, yayyyyyy… now let’s see if i can succeed at passing Parameters back to the main application…???

Cheers,
Jay.

Jay - I sent you an email about an hour ago. Did you receive it?

Hi jasdev,
i just checked and yep i got your e-mail… :wink:

Hello Jay, here is a wiki page GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software

can you copy paste some of the details you put on this thread and then we can help in cleaning the page up after?

You bet…

Thanks boss :slight_smile:

LOL wouldn’t that be a dream come true, being GUS’s Boss… imaging if that would happen to any of us… oh boy things i would make create… I’ll run you down till you last breath, no vacations for you nothing, just work, work work… ;D

Thank you for the cool Products and your contributions.

Jay.

:slight_smile:

Jay, if you want to use any of the example code I posted on my blog (linked earlier), you’re welcome to do so.

Jay I am confused by this comment. This is the way Gus normally operates. :smiley:

LOL tell me about it.

FYI, I just successfully loaded an elf file from the SD card and executed RLPs. This may be a solution for storing large amounts of code that can be unloaded when no longer needed.

@ MoonDragon: very cool, please head on to the wiki that Gus created and add a section for that. I’m sure it’ll come in handy one of these days…

Thank you.
Jay.

RLP is a different topic. I think we have a separate page for that on Wiki.

Yes ease keep RLP separate. There are already multiple pages on wiki for RLP.

Hello guys,
the wiki have been updated. GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software

GUS can you please fix the formatting, because it is out of order… i also have the project files but i couldn’t find a way to upload them please let me know if you can host them somewhere and link them.

I’ve created an interface project, host project and a plugin project.

It include every single feature i could thing of for a full plugin system.

here are the features:

You can load plugins from an SD Card including Gadgeteer Drivers. (please read the code and un-comment the constructor with parameter code and comment the other one)
You can Call methods in the plugin and pass as many parameters as you want (any .Net type) :wink:
You can subscribe to plugin events.
Your Plugin can call Methods in the HOST application and pass as many parameters as you want (any .net type) :wink:
Your plugins can subscribe to events from the HOST application :wink:

TODO:
What i couldn’t get to work is the AppDomain stuff. i couldn’t get it to load the Assembly to a new AppDomain; for whatever reason it just sits there at the loading line… no errors no freezing no nothing it just sits there, i very much suspect that this is a BUG in NETMF 4.1. i hope someone can verify this.
the required code is commented in the wiki…just un-comment to test.

Well i think that’s about it.

Enjoy!
And thank you all for your help… this was an interesting journey indeed.

Jay.

JayJay, I modified you wiki page a bit so that code looks a bit better.

Thank you Eric…
BTW I’m Still working on HAMS :slight_smile: it’s coming along pretty good…
How about you did you hammer those Nodes yet? soon i will need to play with them :wink:

My studies took all my free time the last months, but soon I plan to continue again.