LCD Touch complete white after update

Hello,

When i received my FEZ hydra and its display, at the first power up, there was a default program running on it (a logo moving to where the user touches the screen)
Now that I have updated the board to 4.2, I tried the wiki program about Gadgeeter LCD but the display doesn’t seem to react. (completely white)

Here is the code I have in my Program.generated:

using Gadgeteer;
using GTM = Gadgeteer.Modules;

namespace GadgeteerApp1
{
    public partial class Program : Gadgeteer.Program
    {
        // GTM.Module definitions
        Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Display_T35 display;

public static void Main()
        {
            //Important to initialize the Mainboard first
            Mainboard = new GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZHydra();			

Program program = new Program();
            program.InitializeModules();
            program.ProgramStarted();
            program.Run(); // Starts Dispatcher
        }

private void InitializeModules()
        {   
            // Initialize GTM.Modules and event handlers here.		
            display = new GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_T35(10, 11, 12, 13);

}
    }
}

And the one I have in Program:

void ProgramStarted()
        {
            display.SimpleGraphics.AutoRedraw = true;

display.WPFWindow.TouchDown += new Microsoft.SPOT.Input.TouchEventHandler(WPFWindow_TouchDown);
            display.WPFWindow.TouchUp += new Microsoft.SPOT.Input.TouchEventHandler(WPFWindow_TouchUp);

display.WPFWindow.Invalidate();

Debug.Print("Program Started");
        }

void WPFWindow_TouchUp(object sender, Microsoft.SPOT.Input.TouchEventArgs e)
        {
            display.SimpleGraphics.DisplayText("(" + e.Touches[0].X + "," + e.Touches[0].Y + ")", Resources.GetFont(Resources.FontResources.NinaB),
                Colors.Green, (uint)e.Touches[0].X, (uint)e.Touches[0].Y);
        }

void WPFWindow_TouchDown(object sender, Microsoft.SPOT.Input.TouchEventArgs e)
        {
            display.SimpleGraphics.Clear();

display.SimpleGraphics.DisplayText("(" + e.Touches[0].X + "," + e.Touches[0].Y + ")", Resources.GetFont(Resources.FontResources.NinaB),
                Colors.Red, (uint)e.Touches[0].X, (uint)e.Touches[0].Y);
        }

The Gadgeeter display I am using is this one: http://gadgeteerguy.com/Catalog/ArticleView/tabid/142/ArticleId/5/LCD-Display.aspx
I’ve followed the instruction for the T35 module since I couldn’t find a generic code tutorial for Gadgeeter touch displays in general.
Any idea of what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot

-Thomas

Hi Thomas,

the problem is likely to be that you’re using the T35 but this is NOT the T35, and probably nothing like it. You need to load the Sytech driver package and add the actual device - the driver does a lot of things that would allow the device to talk to the controller on the display, and the chances of this being similar and working are, well, not great in my view. http://gadgeteerguy.com/Downloads/tabid/144/Default.aspx seems to be the download place to go.

Thanks !
This was the problem indeed