Kinect in quadcopter

We have Kinect dance-offs here at the Kyselica house every couple of weeks since it came out. My niece that lives with us does her workouts with it now. It works much better than I thought it could and makes the Wii look archaic in comparison, which is saying something because we had a lot of fun with the Wii when it came out.

Couple of questions for Chris,

In you RLP example on Fezzer.
-What compiler did you use to compile c code?
-RLP is enabled on ChipworkX by default, right?

I am thinking about giving Kinect and ChipworkX a try tonight and might need RLP for video processing.

[quote]In you RLP example on Fezzer.
-What compiler did you use to compile c code?
-RLP is enabled on ChipworkX by default, right?[/quote]

1. YAGARTO
  2. Yes.

Here is a very interesting video:

http://www.ros.org/news/2010/12/autonomous-aerial-navigation-in-a-confined-indoor-environments.html

First airframe cut on my quadcopter project. Ordering some aircraft alum for the next one…

Pictures? :wink:

My project partner’s picture…

EDIT: Looks a lot heavier than it really is. Only weigh’s 13Oz.

^^^ Looks sharp!!!

I hear some guys using carbon from hunting arrows for strong, light and vibration-absorbing arms. There may be archery ranges where they can be had for free or cheap (used).

I think those are half inch arms, so too big for arrows, but we may use Align T-Rex booms.

Looks very nice and high quality. Did you cut everything yourself?

Yup, at at least my project partner did. I don’t have much to do with the airframe design, my part is in the avionics and electrical design.