Issue: upload only half image on a webser

…and if you can put the traffic captured up somewhere, others can help and take a look to dig deeper…

I’ve uploaded the WireShack data, if someone wants to take a look, I would be very grateful, thank you
[url]MEGA
When I text “hello” or “takepicture” every line is green, but when I type “seepicture” some goes black, so as far as I understand there is a connection problem…
If it is not allowed to post external links please tell me and I will remove it.

1 Like

First, let me reassure you, an external link like this is fine (although I’m sure I would not put my files there, I’d use something more reputable, onedrive, dropbox, google files…). Especially when you need some help on a large issue

OK, I’ve taken a look at the capture. There’s nothing clear there, but I suspect a problem with the way the image is being sent, and the response template you’ve set up.

If you open the capture and click on sequence number 4, you’ll see it’s the first HTTP GET request, and you’ll see the response is indicated on sequence 8. 15 and 19 are another pair, and you can see that you always get a HTTP/1.0 200 OK response to start.

If you look at the details in sequence 8, you’ll see that this is a strict HTML response. Comes with proper < and HTML and headers and text.

If you look at the details in sequence 19, you’ll see that this is invalid HTML response, there’s no HTML elements to render around the “Taking picture” text you’ve added. If you look at page 43 of the Gadgeteer document you have, you’ll see they have a complete HTML wrapper added to their response, so to see more of what happens you should do the same for all your responses.

But back to the image…

If you look at sequence 26, you’ll see the start matches the pre-communication (23, 24, 25 match 12, 13, 14, but on port 50541). But here’s where things start to differ. Seq 27 matches; 28 kind of matches (slightly smaller than 17) but then we get sequence 29 which is a very large segment. Segment 30 possibly matches 18, but then I expect to see a HTTP header, but because there’s no HTML element wrapping the image it’s not possible to see this from the capture. At some point you start to get packet retransmits and DUP ACK and other problems that add enough noise to the capture to obscure it from really looking at it in any detail.

Suggestions.

• First, try with IE as @ Roschmi did, to see if it handles the image differently.
  • Can you load a fixed image into the project, and send that? (@ Roschmi, did you use the camera as well? Or did you try with a fixed image?) Please try with varying size images, from small to medium to large - this might highlight memory or something else that’s causing problems.
  • You wrap the responses with HTML, see if that fixes the handling

More than that, I can’t suggest anything more without getting a repro harness set up here (and I don’t have the time to do that sorry, I don’t have a G120 with networking set up)

@ Brett - Yes, I used the camera as well.

@ Arcixx - For me it seems possible that it is an electrical problem. I would exchange the gadgeteer cables to the Ethernet module and the power module, then exchange the Ethernet cable and try another router or another port on the router. Be sure that it is not a power problem (no other modules electrically connected to the Spider II). Be sure that you don’t have another device with the same ip address and the same MAC address in your network. Perhaps try another ip address and another MAC (use MFDeploy).

1 Like

@ Arcixx -
I had a closer look in the wireshark scans of the transmissions on your PC and my PC and I don’t think longer that it is a problem of bad electrical connections.
On my PC (transmission is working) every frame sent by the Spider II is followed by an ACK from the PC. On your PC (transmission not working) there are often two or three frames sent by the Spider II before an ACK is sent by the PC. Sometimes there are time gaps of about 2 seconds between consecutive transmission over the Connection. I don’t know how this can be interpreted. Different browsers? Virusscanner that buffers the traffic from the Spider II?
I’m sure that there are forum members who can interpret this behavior.

1 Like

Update: I tried on another PC and still not working, so I used the same code with a wifi RS21 module and the picture is uploaded immediatly.
So the problem is either with the network configuration (but I followed the guide) or with the module itself. Maybe I’ll see if one of my friend can borrow me one to try.
Anyway thanks to everybody for your help!

1 Like

@ Arcixx - interesting, keep us informed if you find the reason.

one thing that was mentioned before but I don’t think was answered was about MAC addresses. If you haven’t, I’d try changing MAC addresses as you and someone else on your campus network might have a conflicting address, which could lead to some of these issues.