IR LED Array Module v1.0 - Hardware now available (limited quantities)

Just got home and it is here. Thanks!

Got mine, too. I see this is the center of the new featured project on the Gadgeteer site! A little coworker favor to get your board some good press, maybe? Ha! Is the code for your heli controller hiding somewhere? I’ve looked in the usual places…

Thanks for sharing!

@ ransomhall

Now, surely you’re not implying that this project isn’t cool enough to be featured on it’s own merits, are you? :wink:

But even despite that slight, I just sent you an email with the code you were looking for.

And once it’s in a little better shape, I’ll post it somewhere more permanent, for anyone who needs it.

One more video, just for the folks with too much time on their hands (it’s about 26 minutes long). It’s a video of me assembling one of the IR LED Array modules, with some lessons learned and tool tips thrown in for good measure:

[video=vimeo]36923160

Greetings from the Great White North, cool video (mental note however not to lend you my car) and no, my IR module hasn’t arrived yet. Must be too many trees between there and here for the dog sled team to make good time (maybe if they used all female dogs they wouldn’t have to stop at every tree along the way).

Architect I sent you an email about your Chuckie module, hope you got it.

I’m becoming a module junkie in need of a fix.

successful continuity test…

w00t!

Great to see. I was just showing off my bird to a buddy of mine who’s a pilot…we were over at the airport discussing my plans to get my pilot’s license, so it seemed apropos somehow. :slight_smile:

Got mine. Thanks.

Your soldering is great BTW.

@ Gus

Awesome. And thanks for the completment. I’ve gotten some good tips around these parts, which helped a lot. :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for a video showing you controlling an Airbus A380 with that Gadgeteer remote 8)

@ MischaBoender

As long as it’s only a model, and uses IR, I’m game. The real thing might be a stretch… :slight_smile:

i dont know, the 380 is fly by wire so in theory you could replace the throttle and control column input data with data from a spider :slight_smile: how freakin cool would that be. SiderBus anyone?

This one looks doable… have to go with RF, though… not sure you’d make it off the ground before hitting a wall, even in a big gymnasium!

@ HughB

I don’t even want to THINK about the liability implications there. :wink:

@ ransomhall

Nice flight. On a related note, did you guys know that our keynote at MADExpo last year included a 1/6th-scale F-16 onstage. Jeff Prosise from Wintellect did the talk…he’s a HUGE R/C jet buff. Has even made his own jet fuel (in his living room…his wife was apparently NOT amused).

Jeff had an amazing video of some spectacular R/C aircraft crashes. Impressive fireballs for such small vehicles.

BTW - based on what Jeff was talking about in his keynote, I’d expect that R/C Airbus probably cost somewhere between $30-60k, and possibly more. These are not cheap toys to get into.

@ Devhammer
WOW that’s a load of cash to tie up in an RC. Can you imagine how it would feel if you dropped the ball with one of those puppies!!! oooooo makes my skin crawl just thinking about it…

That F16 is awesome! I wouldn’t even know it’s a model unless someone is standing next to it.

@ MischaBoender

Good find on the video…don’t know if I’d seen that one before. As you can tell, Jeff loves his jet, and he did a great job talking about it at the conference.

@ HughB

Jeff said that the tears flow pretty freely when one of these birds go down. But the folks who are flying them aren’t newbs. People typically spend a lot of time flying cheaper and slower planes before taking on an R/C jet.

Got my first batch of purple PCBs from Laen…here’s the first completed module:

hhhhmmmmm grape flavored

If your coming to the MVP Summit next week you should bring some along.

Way ahead of you, Duke. :slight_smile:

(note in the upper left part of the case…)