Introducing TinyCLR OS: a new path for our NETMF devices

Thanks RoSchmi got your little program running fine on a Panda III, but I noticed I wasn’t able to get debug breakpoints to trigger, maybe I am missing something in the project configuration. This is what I have for references:

using System;
using GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Devices.Gpio;
using GHIElectronics.TinyCLR.Pins;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Threading;

John

@ jscmanson - this was mentioned in the announcement, breakpoints do not work yet.

Congratulations on running your first program.

@ jscmanson - Hi,
please see under known issues:
[url]https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/350/tinyclr[/url]
•Breakpoints and the commands dependent on them (run to cursor, others) do not work. As a work around, add a class library project called mscorlib to your solution and add a project reference to it or insert calls to System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break.

Thanks guys, I don’t need the debugger anyways as I never make any mistakes lol! Looking forward to putting this on the 120 as well, thanks for the great work GHI!!

John

@ jscmanson - as far as i know G120 is not supported yet

Hmm, as long as VS2017RC cannot install alongside existing products I guess this is a no-go to me.

[3258:000f][2016-12-21T19:43:10] Package 'Win10SDK_10.0.14393.33,version=10.0.14393.3306' failed to install. 

Command executed: "c:\windows\syswow64\\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe" 
-NoLogo -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -InputFormat None 
-Command "& """C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages\Win10SDK_10.0.14393.33,version=10.0.14393.3306\WinSdkInstall.ps1""" 
-SetupExe sdksetup.exe -PackageId Win10SDK_10.0.14393.33 
-LogFile """C:\Users\njb\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_setup_20161221194201_001_Win10SDK_10.0.14393.33.log""" -SetupParameters 
"""/features OptionId.WindowsSoftwareDevelopmentKit OptionId.WindowsSoftwareLogoToolkit OptionId.NetFxSoftwareDevelopmentKit /quiet /norestart"""; exit $LastExitCode", 

Return code: -2146889721, Details: The hash value is not correct.

Garbage to me. ???

@ njbuch - are you referring to multiple versions of Visual Studio ?

I have 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2017RC installed on my Win10 desktop.

@ Designer - alright, then at least I know its possible…

How do you know that @ Designer isn’t trying to trick you?

@ Gary - Uninstalling everything (including all I had clicked on in the candy-store of goodies in the VS installer), and then ONLY choose “.NET Desktop” made it work to me. Tricked or not. :whistle:

@ Gary - :naughty:

Adding proof :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sure you know how to use Photoshop! :whistle:

1 Like

I actually have installation files for “VS 2014”, if you want to install those and vs 2012 and go nuts

I can’t see Visual Studio 6, is that normal :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

2 Likes

@ Gus - you too :naughty:

Thanks this is great news!

Is there plans on making the TinyCLR OS an open source solution?

Thanks again! :clap:

1 Like

@ TimHid - we have a good story there, but you are going to have to wait for the next announcement 8)

1 Like

Alright…let’s have it.

If this is a hint that you’re giving in to @ TimHid’s request then I’ll have everything I want for Christmas!

1 Like