Introducing the FEZ Panda III

@ ransomhall - We tested it on one of the original prototype boards.

@ Gary - Does that mean you would share the code? pretty puh-leaseā€¦ :wink:

All the old original code works. Simply map the right pins and replace outdated ParallelPort. I did a managed code replacement for it,which was super slow, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a better way.

Thatā€™s what we did as far as the pin mapping, @ ransomhall, let me see what I can dig up?

https://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/panda3/FEZ_Panda_III_FEZ_Touch.zip

This code runs very slow, there was a change made from 4.2 to 4.3 however this will get you started on it.

The NXP chip / USBizi have a parallel I/O feature that allows a certain group of pins to be used in a byte wide parallel mode. This feature made LCD with the parallel interface possible on the Panda-II. I do not know if the STM32 chip has a simiar feature or that the firmware supports this. I assume that the STM32 has fast I/O and should allow faster writes to the LCD.

Most non native displays are spi. Parallel access was a thing of the past. The good news is that parallel can be easily stimulated, but runs very slow.

Possible to speed it up with RLP?

@ Gus speaking of non-native displays, has the slow boat from Australia arrived with those SPI displays yet? :whistle: .

@ Brett - I think today

1 Like

They have arrive but the envelope was ticking so I tossed it in the dumpster, I am sorry Brett and Gus.

If you look closely, you might see it was ticking from the day it was first posted - by you, to me :smiley: . Now officially a boomerang :slight_smile:

Hi,

Could you please recommend a few resellers/distributors in France ?
If not what are the shipping cost to France ?

Thanks,
Cedric

@ CedricM - Or you go here Distributors ā€“ GHI Electronics and look for your self

@ CedricM - please add what you need to the cart to see all shipping options.

Just ordered 2 of those.
Thanks guys for taking into account our feedback and bringing back a great product.

Hope it works with 5v levels.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Greetings from France.

@ Alexandru - yes 5 volt tolerant except the analog out pins and reset.

Glad you are enjoying the come back like we are.

Great news @ 5v.

I think the Panda III and a Fez Mini can solve 99% of the microframework ideas, except perhaps camera/display related ones.

Now that we have the Panda III back, can we please:

• have the Connect Shield back? Pretty please!!!
  • have a Fez Mini II with the new chipset?

pleaaaaaaase

[quote=ā€œAlexandruā€]Now that we have the Panda III back, can we please:

• have a Fez Mini II with the new chipset?[/quote]

What would that give you that the Cerb40-II doesnā€™t?

@ ianlee74 - or wait, Gary didnā€™t make the announcement yesterday like he promised us :frowning:

1 Like