Introducing a breadboard-friendly line of NETMF offers!

The work is done :slight_smile: more on that later.

ssssshhhhā€¦

Gus !!!
Later != Now() ;

@ Gus - So does that mean the Wiz5500 is the Ethernet solution of choice for the G30?
I have a small board layout cooking in my brain using the G30 so now you have me curious whatā€™s coming. . . . :dance:

Castellated would be good if the board was smaller and had Ethernet or Wifi too.

That must be one heck of a driver. When will we see it? Will it be open our closed source?

What is the difference between the G30TH and the G30HDR?

Very similar but th boards are made to be compatible. For example, the TH board has the rtc crystal if thou need it. But the hdr boards is fine if you want to save few bucks.

As the product page states, the G30TH is the replacement of the G30HDR

See for yourself on the productions specs, at least the TH is half the weight of HDR for what it is worth.

G30TH ā†’ https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/551

G30HDR ā†’ https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/538

G30HDR was probably the fastest product to go from ā€œNew from manufacturerā€ to ā€œEnd of lifeā€ on Mouser. Maybe that explains why they donā€™t want to stock FEZ Cream.

1 Like

Soā€¦ looking again at hardware for putting in the nosecone of a rocketā€¦ looking at these tiny options, especially with the sale going on.

My question isā€¦ does the g30HDR really weigh twice what the g30th weighs?

Looking at the side by side I see the g30HDR is slightly longer (2 more pins) but other than that, not much in the way of obvious weight difference reasonsā€¦ certainly nothing to indicate it would weigh a full 100% moreā€¦ The pcb itself is only 7-8% larger by area.

Can someone weigh one of each (and then both combined) to see if this is the case, or just inaccuracy of weighing tiny items?

Anyone have both, and a scale that does milligrams?

@ mtylerjr - they should weigh the same. We will fix this.

@ mtylerjr - It was just a typo, the 8 should have been a 5.

1 Like

Ah ok!

Thanks for pointing it outā€¦