Interesting Prime board from Mountaineer

@ Dave McLaughlin

Thank you Dave! Succesfully opened in 123D Design; it is well modeled, have you done by yourself?

Thanks again, cheers

Giorgio

Just out of curiosity, where can one commission the fabrication of these things? Is there a service like those for pcbs?
Just wondering on how this is is done in the real world.
Thanks,
Jay.

I am a newbie here so please consider my opinion “as is”.

You can buy these DIN enclosures online (e.g. Find out the modularity and variability of Phoenix enclosures | PHOENIX CONTACT) and then you design your PCB to fit exactly the standard sized enclosure.

If you read the first post in this thread this is what Oberon and CSA did to create their custom Prime M4.

My 2 cents

Giorgio

1 Like

@ gcifani. I just downloaded the file from the website. The only addition I added was the holes in the PCB for the location of the connector. I also constrained the parts together.

@ Jay Jay. You can use these enclosures without any machining of them. Just make sure you place your connectors in the open areas. Exported to 3D CAD if you can will ensure no surprises when you go to get the boards made.

If you are looking for small runs of enclosures for a low price with machining, I can recommend this company in Japan.

http://www.takachi-enclosure.com/data/products.html

I got their sealed extruded enclosures with machining on the end for a good price. I paid around $140 including shipping for 3 off to test with. They will even do just 1 for you. Shipping cost was very good too.

They can supply under NDA 3D models for some of the enclosures they offer.

I don’t work for them, I am just a happy customer.

1 Like

Thanks for the link! They have a very nice selection and one that is almost exactly what a client has been looking for. I’ve forwarded to him and I expect that he’s going to be a very happy camper.