Hydra Socket 4

I can’t seem to find anywhere, is socket 4 supposed to be fixed? I still can’t plug anything in to it running the Feb23 update.

I can still get by for now but I think having sound & secondary OLED running that the same time would be great for the “wow” factor.

All should work. If not, provide steps to repro please.

OLED version 1.4.1.0
Music Module (customized from 4.1.2.0)
Gadgeteer: 2.41.0.0
Hydra: 4.1.1.0

Layout 1:
LCD, SD, DP on required sockets
Joystick socket 14
Music Module Socket 3
OLED Socket 4

Result:
“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll” - on “oledDisplay = new GTM.Seeed.OledDisplay(4);”

• Error from Layout 1

Layout 2:
LCD, SD, DP on required sockets
Joystick socket 14
Music Module Socket 4
OLED Socket 3

Result:
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.Exception’ occurred in GTM.GHIElectronics.Music.dll

Additional information: Failed to initialize MP3 Decoder.

• on
            if (CommandRead(SCI_VOL) != (0x0101))
                throw new Exception("Failed to initialize MP3 Decoder.");

Narrowed it down a bit more.

Remove Music Module and OLED will work on socket 4.
Add Music Module to socket 3 (and actually connect it properly) and THEN you get the “An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll” error.

And further

Move

oledDisplay = new GTM.Seeed.OledDisplay(4);

above

music = new GTM.GHIElectronics.Music(3);

and get

“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.InvalidOperationException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll”

on

m_SPI = new SPI(m_dataConfig);

I think it’s an SPI issue.

MusicModule is using Hardware.SPI and OLED is using GTI.SPI in shared mode. One is probably locking out the other.

And it works on spider?

No idea. The Spider lives with another Skewworks developer for testing.

I’m currently re-writing the music module to use GTI.SPI shared…let you know the results.

Yeah no joy there.