How to get Mini work with a Motion detector?

Yep. You will need a regulated 12V wall wart or something. The voltage range on the sensor is 9.5V to 16V.

Power going into the sensor should not affect the FEZ in any way, assuming the sensor just connects and disconnects a relay. The FEZ and the sensor are on two completely different circuits.

[quote]
3) How do i wire this detector to Mini, like red/white go to where in mini, N.C wires go to where in Mini?[/quote]

You’ll wire it up like a switch, because that’s what it is. You will also need a pulldown resistor to pull the pin to ground when the relay is disconnected. Otherwise, the pin will be floating, which is BAD.

Ok that is way over my head… I am not messing with that thing :slight_smile:

Do not be scared, it’s pretty easy!
Here is more info:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-down_resistor[/url]

There is also an Arduino tutorial here that shows you how to wire up a switch. This is what you need: Arduino Tutorial - Lesson 5

If you google "Arduino switch you will also get plenty of results. A relay is exactly like a switch except for it it is triggered by an actuator, not a human finger :slight_smile:

Thanks Guys,
Definite helps…at least I dont have to come to your office :smiley:

Thanks!

You can still come by anyways and have fun with the monkeys we have here :slight_smile:

I wasn’t all that far away from your offices last week while I was in Wisconsin. It would have only been around a 2 hour hop across Lake Michigan, but that’s still 4+ hours of aircraft fuel.

nah…not a good idea…as I’ll usually make your monkey stress out if not die

Are you a monkey killer? :smiley:

Not really but monkeys seem to be pretty stress out when i am around ;D